Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubber tip on cb antenna missing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM
harleyman1340
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber tip on cb antenna missing

The rubber tip of the cb antenna of my 2009 Ultra is missing, I want to replace it, went to the dealership to see about getting a new tip and they don't sell the tip but would sell me a new antenna mast with the tip on it for $35.00, seems a little high just to replace a rubber tip, has anyone else had to replace on, any suggestions on where to get one?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A few of my buddies switched to the shorties. Their whips are taking up space in the garage. If you can find someone like that they may be able to help you out. Junk yards have lots of tips off cars that might fit also.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to a auto parts store like NAPA and they have an assortment of auto vacuum caps that are black soft plastic that I used to cap my antenna mount stud when I installed a in fairing hidden antenna and I would bet they have one that would work on your antenna and there less than a buck a piece. I liked NAPA because they had then behind the counter in a hardware bin for different sizes where the other auto parts store sold tham packaged with like five to a pac and you could not try it out before buying it. I would suggent taking your antenna in and trying the different sizes until you find on that works.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubamike
Go to a auto parts store like NAPA and they have an assortment of auto vacuum caps that are black soft plastic that I used to cap my antenna mount stud when I installed a in fairing hidden antenna and I would bet they have one that would work on your antenna and there less than a buck a piece. I liked NAPA because they had then behind the counter in a hardware bin for different sizes where the other auto parts store sold tham packaged with like five to a pac and you could not try it out before buying it. I would suggent taking your antenna in and trying the different sizes until you find on that works.
++! this is what i did

Old 05-04-2010, 04:01 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

any truckstop has several types of antenna tips, the rubber or vinyl type. they're where cb radio stuff is sold. i don't know if they'll fit your application, but it's a thought. also the vacuum caps for automotive use might work too. just a thought.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Mastergunz1371
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the dealer to replace mine under warrenty when it happened to mine

Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MICHAE67007
I got the dealer to replace mine under warrenty when it happened to mine
I was hoping my dealer would do that, the normal service guy I work with was not there, the dck head I was talking to insinuatd I rubbed it on something and broke the end off. I pointed out to him there were no scratches on the mast and that if it had broken it broke awfully clean. If I can't find an end at a auto parts store I'll go back and talk to my regular service guy, I'm not going to let a $35 part get my blood pressure up. Typical Harley dealership, I went into the bike transaction not expecting a whole lot out of them and since that time I've bought over $2000 worth of parts and bought 90% of it thru online dealers offering discounts. Now if I had spent all that money with them I would have been hot that they didn't offer to cover it under warranty for me today, such is life. I can deal with it. If and when I decide to buy another bike all this goes into the memory bank, not good for them.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
GNDHG
5th Gear
Default Lost Tip

Lost my tip by my second ride on my 2011 Ultra Limited. Can't receive CB signals, but can transmit & be heard. I highly doubt it's becuase of the lost CB antenna tip, but thanks for the NAPA tip.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:02 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Do the NAPA THANG & super glue the **** on!!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 PM
GNDHG
5th Gear

Stupid question. NAPA was closed (Sun.) so went to another auto parts store. The radio's antenna tip (if it's any indication of the CB's tip) tapers to the hole side. It looks a but like an ice cream cone shape. The vacuum cap I got is very similar in color & rubber type but is more cylindrical in shape from closed tip to open tip. Do you think having a slightly different end cap affect the CB signal to receive or transmit?

Quick Reply: Rubber tip on cb antenna missing