Full Sac True duals users ...you new 24" heat shield is HERE! - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Reload this Page >

Full Sac True duals users ...you new 24" heat shield is HERE!

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Sac True duals users ...you new 24" heat shield is HERE!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

I'll help out and bump it again by asking my question again. Don't get me wrong, it looks better. But..........?

Why not make a full lenth shield??! I think I would wait for a full one rather than spend money and still have an opening in the curve.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Knight2
Senior Rider

Uhhh No..
Why? Lol

Originally Posted by Neckball View Post
You ever try to make one?

Old 06-12-2010, 09:05 AM
DrPlastic
Club Member

Tom is trying to keep costs down. I am using the Harley extended front heat shield and do not have that opening you are referring to and the HarleyGoodies fits better than the joint on the left side heat shields! A full size shield would cost three times the price. the Full Sac system was designed as an inexpensive alternative to the more expensive true dual systems out there.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior

Hey Dr. Plastic that is great news. I have been toying with the idea of Full Sac but the heat shield kept me from doing it.

Not to rain on the parade though, is there any ideas floating around about the rear cylinder where it comes out of the head? Sure would look nice if you couldn't see the pipe when you are looking at it from the rear brake pedal side, IMHO

Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 PM
DrPlastic
Club Member

I got my system in the sliver jet cote and does not look so bad IMO.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

I actually got rid of my Fulsac because of the exposed area at the rear bend. I tried to convince myself that it really didn't matter....that lasted for about 8months. I probably could have done something about it, but sold it instead.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Bump this one back to support a very good idea.

60 bucks not so bad considering you can spend more than that on an 18" heat shield.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
flyer91
Senior Rider

Another great thing about Tom's (HarleyGoodies) shield is that if ...... check that ...... 'when' ...... you get it kinda marked up with your and/or your passenger's heels (as we all know will eventually happen with any shield) you won't need to go out and buy a new shield.
Just turn this one over and you're good to go again.
So it's really a "two for one" deal.

It's made very well, with straight reflections along it entire length at any point of the curve, and is of thick material (not some cheap piece of Chinese tin) with perfect chrome, all meeting or exceeding the quality of the OEM shields!

Absolutely the best $60 I've spent on hog bling ........ and the right fix for the otherwise outstanding Fullsac mod.

Last edited by flyer91; 07-15-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:48 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

So $202 for the FullSac conversion kit, $60 for this heat shield, $43 for the shield in the curve...total $305

You can get Cobra True Dual Headers for $331.73, with full length heat shields and a LifeTime Warrenty http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cobra...Q5fAccessories

What is wrong with this picture? I will spend the extra $26 and get these with less labor time involved and one piece heat shields to boot.

Last edited by ncbeast; 09-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Default Another Happy Harley Goodies Customer

It's winter and I finally made up my mind this is the year that I'm going through with the Full Sac True Dual conversion on my 2004 Road King. I've followed this thread since the beginning and the back and forth over the cost of the 24" shield from Harley Goodies. I called Tom a week ago and he took the time to carefully listen to what my plans were and what I needed for my project.

My headers and pipes are already blacked out and I am using as many of the stock shields as I can and having them done up in black hi-temp powdercoating to match the rest of the King. I asked Tom if he would be willing to sell me a raw steel shield since I did not need it chromed. He was more than accommodating, we agreed on a price and the deal was done.

I got an e-mail yesterday that the shield had shipped from CA on Wednesday and it arrived at my door today. From CA to NY in 2 days, if my paychecks only got here that quick I'd be really happy!.

I have to say that the shield even in raw steel is a well made piece. Gripe about the cost all you want, but this is a well-made piece and even better, it's made here in the USA. The part is off to the powdercoater early next week along with the rest of the heat shields to be coated. One side benefit of this shield is that I have to pay for one less shield to be done, just another plus.

Well done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full Sac True duals users ...you new 24" heat shield is HERE!

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: