Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Upcoming 107" Showdown?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have to subscribe too, although I feel that going to 107" and chasing nubmers is not where the action is. Reliability with stock components being crank and such is what I want and am doing. Of course my bike is a tc88-tc95 now instead of a 103-107. I'm getting a Dyno by the Cycle Doctor in Costa Mesa, CA next week who comes highly recommended, and will report back on numbers and performance once that is done, but i will tell you this. I ran away from everyone on my Vegas trip last week with a 95 with stock heads, se 203 cams and a fatcat. I talked to Geoff (Cycle Doctor) at length about his Dyno tunes and I am certain he will get me the best tune I can get. He told me as well...numbers mean nothing. I want street-ability and reliability as I ride my bike daily. I am hoping for over 100 tq and in the mid 90's for HP.

I don't have any kids to put through college, but I have to eat as well. It is far too easy for me to get carried away and spend everything on my ride. Originally I was going to do a 98" revolution Perf kit but the SE cost so much less that i went with it instead.

Drew

Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
hivoltg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have to subscribe too, although I feel that going to 107" and chasing nubmers is not where the action is. Reliability with stock components being crank and such is what I want and am doing. Of course my bike is a tc88-tc95 now instead of a 103-107. I'm getting a Dyno by the Cycle Doctor in Costa Mesa, CA next week who comes highly recommended, and will report back on numbers and performance once that is done, but i will tell you this. I ran away from everyone on my Vegas trip last week with a 95 with stock heads, se 203 cams and a fatcat. I talked to Geoff (Cycle Doctor) at length about his Dyno tunes and I am certain he will get me the best tune I can get. He told me as well...numbers mean nothing. I want street-ability and reliability as I ride my bike daily. I am hoping for over 100 tq and in the mid 90's for HP.

I don't have any kids to put through college, but I have to eat as well. It is far too easy for me to get carried away and spend everything on my ride. Originally I was going to do a 98" revolution Perf kit but the SE cost so much less that i went with it instead.

Drew

That's the thing, reliability. My 07 Ultra has a built power plant in it and has been solid as a rock and has 39,000 miles on it (too bad I can't say the same for the tranny). We're looking at building Dad's '10 Ultra now. He's looking for 100+ tq and 95+ hp, but the bike has to remain reliable because we always have them on the road

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out

Old 10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

I don't get all the concerns about reliabilty. more cubic inches doesn't automatically make a ride less reliable. I would argue the opposite to be honest. A higher performance engine isn't working as hard as a stocker under normal riding conditions. not to mention that they are usually tuned leaner so they aren't running as hot. I'm over 120 HP in my 110 right now, it was built over the winter and I have put over 10,000 trouble free miles on it this summer, not to mention the 3 full tunes I did on it this summer. And I by no way ride my bike easy, acually I pretty much beat the ccrap out of it daily.