Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter sucks allready

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
this wax thing you refer to...is that like bowling or playing bingo? too much time on your hands? it is your choice to live up north-quit whining.
I don't believe staying in one location is a choice and any whine is not without understanding. Some years back it could be said that one had a choice of where to live, but unfortunately that is not the reality any longer. With today's economy you are pretty much tied to where your job is. Unless you have an endless supply of $$s or don't mind unemployment lines it is near impossible to just pick up and move to a different locale simply for the sake of not liking the old one. For about 35 years of my working life I used to do that but for the last 13 years I have stayed in one place because a job change along with a poorly planned prior move left me unemployed for two years that pretty well cleaned out most of those spare $$s.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
looks better then new ...wtf its a 2010 lol

I thought the same thing.

We had 60+ temps all week in northern IL. Now that the weekend is here and I have time to ride temps are in the 40's. Sucks!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 AM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Feel your pain bro... mine has been put up for over a week now.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:37 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thought about waxing the bike today but, it's suppose to 77* here today so I'll ride instead!! It's gonna cool down later in the week to 71*, I'll wax it then! For somethings living in California ain't so bad!

Old 11-14-2010, 09:17 AM
jackthebiker
Cruiser
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Sitting here in north central WI and watching the snow flakes. If the global warming believers are correct, it's only a matter of time and I'll be riding year round. If I only can live that long.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Theakerr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just went for Breakfast at +5C (41F). A lot of the Guys have put their bikes to bed and are regretting it. Up here, just west of Ottawa, this is a fantastic fall. With temps in the area of 11/12C (52/54F) this last week their were all kinds of bikes out. This year was the earliest I have ever been out on the bike in Canada (March 2), I am hoping it will also be the latest

Old 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
jackthebiker
Cruiser
Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Theakerr
Just went for Breakfast at +5C (41F). A lot of the Guys have put their bikes to bed and are regretting it. Up here, just west of Ottawa, this is a fantastic fall. With temps in the area of 11/12C (52/54F) this last week their were all kinds of bikes out. This year was the earliest I have ever been out on the bike in Canada (March 2), I am hoping it will also be the latest
We had a great year in WI too. First ride was Feb 19th.(only a few miles) Lots of riding in March.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:08 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wrenchguy24
Spent the biggest part of the day waxing and waxing, I even waxed the damn frame!!!
I think it looks better than new LOL
2010 ultra

Put to rest for a few months!! GRRRRRR
I feel for you... but, to paraphrase Sam Kinison (who was talking about people starving in Africa) -- move to the food!

Now before anyone gets all offended, it's a joke...

Hope you have a short winter.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well I tstarted out at 0600 this morning it was 40 by time I got home at 1100 hrs it was 75, from Ocala to Miami. I love winter, get a chance to use my heated gear for an hour or two every now and then. Dont move down here I like the roads clear of traffic when I ride and we already have too many Yankees and northerners who keep trying to show us how backwards we are.

Quick Reply: Winter sucks allready