Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can anyone explain the stage 1 dowload?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgehorn
I can. $200 out of your wallet and yer bike still dont run good. Get a PCV or have the dealer do the race tuner. You wont be happy with the D/L
Mine sure runs good with one. Some just get lucky and I am one of them

Old 11-25-2010, 01:08 AM
dboyenga
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the EFI race tuner with Bassani dual exhaust, Screaming Eagle slip-on slash down pipes, the stage 1 upgrades, and it was dyno tuned at the dealer. This thing rocks!
2006 RKC

Old 11-25-2010, 07:02 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley had the SERT done by Steve Cole. YOu pay 459.00 for software and need dyno time and yer bike don't run right.
Steve Cole also wrote the TTS Mastertune that Kuryakyn now sells. And I know people who bought it and can't find anybody who knows the program and can't git it right and has taken it off their bike.
Then they came out with the Super Sert who I think is the one made by Kent Moore and its basically the same thing. and you still got to have it dyno tuned.
Now its the sepst. Bottom line you still need to pay for the software and pay for dyno time.
A 96cu motor is a 96cu motor wheather its in a dyna or a touring. The motor don't know any difference,
And between the years of bikes it should be the same program just updated for things HD changed,.
Everybody buying the same program and HD makin money off it.
The 1st thing wrong with the bikes is EPA.
You pay 20,000 got a bike and have to spend over 1500.00 to make it cool off and run better. Bull......
Sell the bike to the EPA and let them ride it.
And what do you wind up out of pocket ? around 800.00
And everytime you make changes to yer bike you need to have it redynoed.
And is the person that's doing the dynoing even know what they are doing ?
A good dyno person is hard to find.
Not going back down that road with buying software and having a bike dynoed everytime.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Diamond lil 2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cardboard I have always ran the tmax tuner that's the only way to go I feel.but the problem is now I've been to a few dealers and they won't even look at it with a tmax on the bike.what are people suppose to do?I want to go back to tmax but the problem is a lot of dealers today won't touch them..

Old 04-05-2015, 10:18 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Diamond lil 2010
Cardboard I have always ran the tmax tuner that's the only way to go I feel.but the problem is now I've been to a few dealers and they won't even look at it with a tmax on the bike.what are people suppose to do?I want to go back to tmax but the problem is a lot of dealers today won't touch them..
I do my own work. Tired of the dealers giving me a problem.
Got a couple Hd dealers that do not give me a hard time with the TM. Cause they have worked on my bikes for years.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:40 AM
o0smitters0o
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll just have to pick and see if you like it. HD has 2 Tuner's. The SE Street Tuner which allows HD to put maps but not change a lot. Or the SE Super Tuner Pro allows you to tune a list of stuff and is listed as Race Application Only. We all know why they say that. If you go with SE get the Pro not Street. People don't realize there is a difference. The program is now free online just google it. You will need to purchase the hook up wires. 35$-40$ It only works with PC. The Pro has Smart Tune so you don't really need Dyno. Now that I say that if you know nothing about VE tables, ignition advance or retarding among other things. Find a shop that has a good Dyno Tech that understands and takes pride in what he is doing. The Maps are now free downloadable for Pro through internet as soon as you hook tuner up. Tuners like bikes,voting,women or guns. Everybody likes what they like and has an opinion. Also online is a free Super Tuner Pro Web Based Course to teach you how to use it. I've also seen a Super Tuner for Dummies Thread look at that. Sorry about size. The black button is Smart Tune and allows you to record information while you ride, then upload into program. I have never tried this have always had Indy Shop do my Dyno's. Look into all the tuners around listen to the opinion's of the guys with experience. http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com

Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Not under any circumstances going to take my Thunder-Max off and put a Harley Super tuner on it.
The Thunder-Max has Auto tune and give the bike more power.

If HD don't want to work on a bike because it has a Thunder-Max on it. Somebody else will.
If HD wants to Play Hard Ball I want to cost the dealers and HD some money by not doing business with them.