Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Couple of pics...custom Street Glide in progress.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:15 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks pretty good, please more pics!!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
HERE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to get more pics yesterday, we were supposed to go to the painters to pickup the factory tank, hard bags, rear fender and Danny Gray seat but ended up with other stuff to do. I'll try to get some next week. From what the painter says the paint should be done before Christmas. However it wont be able to be complete until about mid-January. Still waiting on the bars and LaPera seat.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
melie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender?

Does your dad want to sell the "take off" fender?
E mail me if he does melie@roadrunner.com
thanks,
Mark

Old 12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
HERE
Road Warrior

Sure does...pretty much everything that comes off the bike will be for sale. I'll find out how much $$$ he wants and I'll let you know.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
HERE
Road Warrior

So some more goodies came in yesterday. Finally got the 12" apes from Hawg Halters and these things are wicked They should look great on the bike. Real smooth and sleek and everything is internal. Also got the grips, braided lines and all the parts necessary to convert to hydralic clutch. Also got a box of stuff from Yaffe...bag latches, ignition switch cover, exhaust tips and adapters for the Rineharts, fork sliders, and the gas cap and gasket that was apparently forgotten when the tank was shipped.

The tins have been primed and sprayed with the base coat and the graphics and final touches should be going on soon. I believe he's considering ordering a set of gauges soon but he's not sure. LaPera will be shipping the seat uncovered on the 3rd to make sure it fits right and we'll ship it back to be covered. So basically that's all he's waiting on.

I'll try to get some more pics of everything else later. These bars are trick.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 PM
SlimsSG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is going to be wicked. Can't wait to see the end result. I'm on the hunt right now for stretched saddlebags - cause I love the saddlebag lids form Yaffe with the 6x9 speakers in them. I figure if I get those lids, and have to get paint - why not get the bags also and do it up right.

I love the stretched tank, just love it! Probably one of the best mods to do on these bikes. Hopefully soon for me as well.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior

Sometimes this forum pisses me off.

Just when I get myself to a point of "Ok, I'm content with my bike now & don't need anything else done to it" or at the very least get my "Must be done" list down to just 1 or 2 more things.....I pull up a thread like this.

Next thing you know Im going "Damn, yea I'd like to do THIS and THAT and something similar but THIS WAY". And then I'm looking it up and adding up how much it would cost. And then getting depressed....

*grumble*

Old 12-30-2010, 10:08 PM
HERE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SlimsSG
That is going to be wicked. Can't wait to see the end result. I'm on the hunt right now for stretched saddlebags - cause I love the saddlebag lids form Yaffe with the 6x9 speakers in them. I figure if I get those lids, and have to get paint - why not get the bags also and do it up right.

I love the stretched tank, just love it! Probably one of the best mods to do on these bikes. Hopefully soon for me as well.

Im more of a fan of the Loud Lids. I love their shape. The Yaffes just look like stock lids.

Originally Posted by Gruamach
Sometimes this forum pisses me off.

Just when I get myself to a point of "Ok, I'm content with my bike now & don't need anything else done to it" or at the very least get my "Must be done" list down to just 1 or 2 more things.....I pull up a thread like this.

Next thing you know Im going "Damn, yea I'd like to do THIS and THAT and something similar but THIS WAY". And then I'm looking it up and adding up how much it would cost. And then getting depressed....

*grumble*

I know the feeling. Just think...I have to ride with this attention ***** I keep telling him even after this he wont be done but he's in denial. Give it time and I see him raking the front out, Yaffe raked fairing, a bigger wheel(23" or bigger) and a fender to fit it.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:16 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

let us know of the fit and finish on the tank thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good so far and looking forward to seeing the end product.

Quick Reply: A Couple of pics...custom Street Glide in progress.