Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with CD Burning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Couple questions.
Is there a difference between a M3U and MP3 ? I have been burning as M3U. Plays fine in the HK deck, but my car only plays about half the CD's.....They all play in the Harley, and everywhere else. All burnt the same. Just kinda seemed weird.

Is their any higher capacity CD's around that will work with the HK?
M3U is a playlist -- A simple text file. It can potentially screw things up. You want MP3 files and nothing else on the disc, ideally.

Dragging individual files is ideal also -- I think it was mentioned above a bit, but unless you're showing hidden files & folders in Windows Explorer, you may be dragging .JPG images onto the disc also -- Probably won't necessarily mess things up, but will certainly take up space.

No higher capacity -- 700MB is pretty much the limit.

And again, contrary to some posts, "really slow" AND "really fast" are going to give you much higher block error rates than the "sweet spot" of 25-33% of the drive's rated speed. And although a 1:1 data transfer might still be accurate, the "quality of the burn" (indicated by the BLER) may have an effect on the quality of the data stream. 12-16x on a typical modern drive is almost universally the best speed.