Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security warning light

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
vabiker07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Security warning light

Security System in deed.....you do NOT have the OPTIONAL siren but you DO have the security system...the light comes on to say its ARMED.....make 'em fix it

Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: vabiker07

Security System in deed.....you do NOT have the OPTIONAL siren but you DO have the security system...the light comes on to say its ARMED.....make 'em fix it
Why would the MOCO put it in there if I didn't pay for it?

Old 10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,920 Likes on 8,432 Posts

It's a standard feature, sorta like the crankshaft.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
vabiker07
Cruiser

Security system is standard.......siren is optional . The lights just blink for a few minutes now......its not much of a security system....LOL....however at least the bike wont start without the fob nearby .

How do you like the bike ?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 PM
mndemohead
Tourer

This is not the case, Every speedo has the little light in the shape of a key in it. That doesnt mean that he has the security system. My R.K. that I have now has the light, but no security, I guarantee you that. I also know of another guy with an 07 ultra and NO security system, but I cant say if he ordered it that way or not. WHy would the security light just come on in the middle of a ride? Its not the security system arming, I can guarantee you that. Id be willing to bet whatever was shorted out in my R.K. is shorting out in this bike. It never affected anything other than the light would blind in the middle of a ride, whenever it wanted to.

ORIGINAL: vabiker07

Security system is standard.......siren is optional . The lights just blink for a few minutes now......its not much of a security system....LOL....however at least the bike wont start without the fob nearby .

How do you like the bike ?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

funny.... when i bought my RK, the salesman said "Oh- we dont sell ANY big twin without an alarm" which i took to mean that the security was optional- but the dealer orders ALL bikes with the security.

what a douche.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:56 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: MACK

THE 07 ULTRA AUTOMATICALLY ARMS WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE BIKE AFTER 10 SECONDS. WHEN YOU TURN THE SWITCH IT DISARMS AS LONG AS THE FOB IS IN YOUR POCKET. YOU PROBABLY DO HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM BUT NOT THE OPTIONAL SIREN.CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK
Say what??????

The Security system will only disarm in two ways..........(and you need to set it up to arm itself after ten seconds).

1: By use of the keyfob(And just having it in your pocket won't do it, you gots to push the button twice)

2: By using the over ride feature, and entering in your security code via the turn signal buttons.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:02 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

The Security System is still an Option on the 07 Ultra($325.00).

The little key shaped light in the speedo is turned on when the system is armed.
So therefore if you have no system and the light flashes, you have a electrical malfuncion in the speedo, or the wire that connects the non existant security system to the speedo.

Definatly something I would go to the dealer on, and I don't think I would wait till the 1000 mile check.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 AM
trmn8r
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: MACK

THE 07 ULTRA AUTOMATICALLY ARMS WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE BIKE AFTER 10 SECONDS. WHEN YOU TURN THE SWITCH IT DISARMS AS LONG AS THE FOB IS IN YOUR POCKET. YOU PROBABLY DO HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM BUT NOT THE OPTIONAL SIREN.CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK
Say what??????

The Security system will only disarm in two ways..........(and you need to set it up to arm itself after ten seconds).

1: By use of the keyfob(And just having it in your pocket won't do it, you gots to push the button twice)

2: By using the over ride feature, and entering in your security code via the turn signal buttons.
not on '07, no need to push the button, just have the fob and get on and ride! As for whether or not he has a security system...I'd say obviously not or the motor wouldnt run if the bike didnt come with key fob.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:56 AM
MixedNuts
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with my '05 RKC security light. It would come intermittently on after a hot restart for about 10 seconds and go out. When it did this it set a trouble code U1016.
Took it back to the dealer 5 times before losing my cool in the showroom. Finally a new ECU cured the problem.
Check your systems for any fault codes.

Quick Reply: Security warning light