Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security warning light

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Security warning light

What Mixed Nuts said... Check for fault codes...

Here is the deal on security systems. HD uses one wiring harness and speedo design because it is cheaper than having to make up one for and one for without the security system. Everyone gets a wiring harness and speedo which is setup the same and ready to connect to a security module (yup, you've got the red key light). If you got a bike without the security system it means you just don't have the security module installed. OBTW, the dealer can sell you the module and install it, then they'll sell you the siren module, then they'll sell you the...

Sound like the standard HD theme? One Hundred Dollar, Two Hundred Dollar, Three Hundred Dollar...

Edmo

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/F07CC2B442A64180B1CECED92E1275C8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your DOOR is ajar!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 01:04 PM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 07 ultra did the same thing for the first day or two then the problem went away,and no it dosnt have the security system,also the ciggy lighter wasnt hooked up and the saftey switch in the clutch perch dosnt do a thing...it still starts in gear .....**** poor quailty control

Old 10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Iron Pony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My security light comes on when the bike is hot and goes out when it cools. But the neutral light comes on first no matter what gear its in or it its in neutral. Dealer says come by when its on an they will check it. Well whern it happens either I am no where near them or they are closed so that didn't work out. !000 mi. sevice coming up. Since the weather has cooled it dosnt happen as often. What do you want to bet thay wont find anything untl next summer and they will keep the bike forever.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: vabiker07

Security system is standard.......siren is optional . The lights just blink for a few minutes now......its not much of a security system....LOL....however at least the bike wont start without the fob nearby .

How do you like the bike ?
I love the bike. My wife and I just took a 500 mile trip this weekend and it was great! She says it was the best money SHE ever spent. Funny thing about the security warning light is it never came on during the trip (mostly flat straight road with gentle curves). Now I'm wondering if it had something to do with all the upshifting and downshifting I was doing when in the mountains? Strange!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Iron Pony

My security light comes on when the bike is hot and goes out when it cools. But the neutral light comes on first no matter what gear its in or it its in neutral. Dealer says come by when its on an they will check it. Well whern it happens either I am no where near them or they are closed so that didn't work out. !000 mi. sevice coming up. Since the weather has cooled it dosnt happen as often. What do you want to bet thay wont find anything untl next summer and they will keep the bike forever.
I also had the problem with the neutral light coming on. I figured it was a bad neutral safety switch and would address that at the 1000 mile service also. The neutral light never came on during the weekend trip either (except when it was in neutral). I only have 750 miles on it right now, so I'll make another loop through the mountains again before I take it in for service and see if the lights start acting up again.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:19 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Thats right,I ordered a security system on my 05 RK and had the option for the siren.The base security system is a option on the RK.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
gonefortheborder
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

I picked up my 06 Ultra today after warranty service on the stereo system. As I rode away, I saw the security light come on when I hit the right turn signal... and the turn signal was inop. Brought the bike back, after some headscratching by the wrench who did the service, they unplugged and replugged in the brake/turn combiner module under the seat. Problem solved. Either they'd unplugged the unit and not gotten it plugged back in correctly, or it lost good contact in some other way.

At any rate, that's *one* condition that will cause the security light to come on. At least this one was easily fixed!

Old 07-11-2018, 02:53 AM
JJ Carpenter
1st Gear
Cool Security light....

I know this is an old thread but still a common problem. My security light on my 04 fatboy comes on most of the time now. The last 'little' change out I did was change my turn signals to LED's. Could this have caused the issue? Bike is running just fine so I pretty much ignore the light.... until I don't ignore it... yeah its aggravating.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:20 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ Carpenter
I know this is an old thread but still a common problem. My security light on my 04 fatboy comes on most of the time now. The last 'little' change out I did was change my turn signals to LED's. Could this have caused the issue? Bike is running just fine so I pretty much ignore the light.... until I don't ignore it... yeah its aggravating.

Sounds like you need to check the trouble codes.