Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Jamcraze
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seat

I am looking to take a 2 week road trip this year with a buddy. I am looking for ideas for a really comfortable seat. Anyone got any ideas?!?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my C&C Fastback for looks and to lower me originally but it turns out that it is the most comfortable seat I've ever had. The seat has lots of back support itself but when I add the backrest it is even more comfortable. I also have a sundowner that I use wih the wife with an HD backrest. With the backrest I like it. Withour the backrest not so much. She loves it though.

Attached Thumbnails New Seat-p1220012.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I bought the Corbin Classic Solo and pillion for the wife when she rides with me. I also bought a Corbin backrest. The seat is a little stiffer than others but I get no back, butt pains or leg cramps after 350 miles and can still ride further.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Skygoose
Advanced

I like my Harley Police Air Ride seat...very comfy. Often available on Ebay with all the accesories for around $150 used. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
I bought my C&C Fastback for looks and to lower me originally but it turns out that it is the most comfortable seat I've ever had. The seat has lots of back support itself but when I add the backrest it is even more comfortable. I also have a sundowner that I use wih the wife with an HD backrest. With the backrest I like it. Withour the backrest not so much. She loves it though.
+1 Love my C&C Sport Tour!! Whatever you get, get a rider backrest for sure! I don't have any pics with the rider backrest in but it sure is comfy!

http://www.ccseats.com/

Attached Thumbnails New Seat-dscf0607.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the C&C fastback. I had mine customized by C&C to let me sit 1.5 inches further back than their normal position. It is by far my favorite seat. The leather feels great and the lower back support rocks....not to mention it looks cool.
My other seat for when the wife rides with me is a H-D tallboy. It feels good too, but like I said, the fastback looks great and feels great.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
E N AZ
Road Captain

What bike to you own? I got the Russell Day Long seat mod for my Ultra. I think the half moon seat looks fine on my bike; however I would not have done it if I had a Street Glide or some of the other bikes. I also added a backrest and highway pegs to help with comfort. I can ride 700 to 800 miles per day for days on end without any discomfort what so ever. I know I could easily do 1,000+ miles with no soreness. It is one of the few things I have done that actually lived up to the hype.

One drawback is that it raises you up over an inch, and could be a problem if you are not very tall. I'm 6' and 230 lbs. and I went from being flat footed at stops to being on the ***** of my feet.

I made the trip up to Shasta Lake, California to get custom fitted. They have a patented design with spring reinforcement across the foam to better distribute weight and pressure.

I used to start squirming at 200 miles, and now butt soreness is no longer a factor and never even enters my mind, allowing for allot more pleasurable ride.