Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ThrottlePak

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
bikehe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the throttle lag if you could call it that on tbw. I never owned a tbw till this bike and compared to cable throttle that little lag is helpful when going over bumps or dips in the road when your wrist rolls on a little. Speed seems more smoother if that makes sense. Perhaps its just the fuel injection system delay compared to a accelerator pump on a carby. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by bikehe; 02-24-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: changed fuel pump to accelerator pump on carby
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg08
Never noticed a "throttle lag" myself.

Same here.........

Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikehe
I like the throttle lag if you could call it that on tbw. I never owned a tbw till this bike and compared to cable throttle that little lag is helpful when going over bumps or dips in the road when your wrist rolls on a little. Speed seems more smoother if that makes sense. Perhaps its just the fuel injection system delay compared to a accelerator pump on a carby. Just my 2 cents
I'm with you there. Here's my thought:

Owned a 2007 Sportster before my current ride, 2008 FLHX. The Sportster uses throttle cables; now may be my first bike and all, I always thought the Sportster's throttle was a little "jumpy" and "jerky".

Here's another thought: me think moco design it this way so the throttle will not snap open and especially snap close that fast to have a smooth rather than a quick respond; after all it's a touring bike, and it's suppose to be smoother....

On top of that, if the throttle opens faster w/o instant fuel enrichment, wouldn't it cause a dangerous lean condition when the right wrist twists WOT? And by the same token, will the deceleration pop more pronounced with the throttle plate closes faster (exhaust loads up w/ more fuel than air all of a sudden)?

On the V&H site, they mention something about riding on bumpy roads and road dips, and somehow this little gizmo will know that and semi-correct it? How would the throttle know what type of road you're ridding on? The throttle plate will only respond to your right wrist, from what I know.

Please forgive the long post. I might be totally off on all accounts, but let me try to talk to V&H tech support and see what the answers, if any, are.

Anyone wants to chime in? Thanks for your time and RIDE SAFE!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

Here's a sheet based on time where the only difference is an adjustment to the throttle blade control table. Notice how the power comes on quicker and also reaches 5250 almost 33% faster.

Attached Thumbnails ThrottlePak-throttle-blade-control.jpg  
Old 03-08-2011, 01:12 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Here's a sheet based on time where the only difference is an adjustment to the throttle blade control table. Notice how the power comes on quicker and also reaches 5250 almost 33% faster.
thanks for the feedback.. Based on this there would be a noticible seat of the pants difference in throttle response I would think. Can you see any disadvantage to the the throttle pak? thanks

Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
thanks for the feedback.. Based on this there would be a noticible seat of the pants difference in throttle response I would think. Can you see any disadvantage to the the throttle pak? thanks
Maybe just cost? This is only one of the 20+ tables in the TTS. I have not maxed the whole table as I don't believe that is good for the TB and will make it to sensitive.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg08
Never noticed a "throttle lag" myself.
You know that every time someone comes out with a new gimmick and has fairly convincing marketing some people thing it's a gotta' have.

If I could get mine to do what it’s suppose to do in the stock configuration I would be ecstatic.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What throttle lag?

Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 PM
spider14043
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just been thinking how snappy and responsive the TBW is on my 2010EGC. Must be my meds!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

If you rode a V-Rod and then an '08 and up touring bike you would know what throttle lag is!!!!!!!

I'll see if I can tell the difference after tomorrows ride....

Quick Reply: ThrottlePak