Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED windshield trim Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:23 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 18BKLR
Try sticking a small Diode in series. Your getting bleed by past the LED's into the circuit. A diode placed in the correct way should stop that. Has to do with the grounding and flashing of the circuit. If that works then just leave it in, shrink wrap it up and on your way you go. There should be no need for equalizers as long as you are still running the filament blinkers up front.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not using the stock blinkers. I replaced them with bullet style spot lights. My plan was to use the led windshield trim as my blinkers.

Do you know what diode I could try? A part number? I have a Radio Shack close by. Thanks

The led windshield trim has four wires coming out of it. Power, ground, left, right blinker. I ran the power to a key source, grounded the wire good, and use the stock blinker harness for the left and right blinker.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

"Thanks for your reply. I'm not using the stock blinkers. I replaced them with bullet style spot lights. My plan was to use the led windshield trim as my blinkers. "

Based on the info in the Kury link I posted, that is probably the cause of the problem. Whether a load equalizer or diode works may be the solution, but the cause may be the removal of the stock blinkers. Plug your stock blinkers back into the circuit, and see if the LED's work properly. That will answer the question for sure as to the cause.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:13 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

It's the bleed back; you could call the gentleman at Ride Time lights and he will tell you what diode you need. I had a similar problem and he told me how to fix it. Leave a message if he doesnt answer, he returns all calls.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
HTNHARD
Tourer

Thanks to the boys at Badlands for hooking me up with a Load Equalizer II for metric bike. Scotch locked into the turn signal wires, and ran a new ground, and WALAHH it works!! Can't believe it. Thanks to all who helped. Much appreciated.