Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For Specific Input From Actual Ricor Shock Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 438 Likes on 180 Posts

I ordered the 12.5" sport tuned for my 09 Street Glide. I installed them on my bike and set the sag about 1". The ride was horrible. I adjusted sag to 1/2" and the ride was pretty good. It was better than stock shocks but not $600 better. The Monday after I installed the shocks I contacted Brian and let him know I wanted to try a 13" shock but I need them back a week from Thursday because I had a trip to Arkansas from NY coming up. He had UPS at my door Wednesday and the shocks were back exactly Thursday. Ricor picked up the shipping costs BOTH WAYS!!!

I explained to Brian I was more concerned with a comfy ride than handling but didn't want to bottom out. Brian created a hybrid valving in between sport tune and cruiser.

I just finished a 550 mike ride from NY to Roanoke, Va. These shocks have transformed my Bike. With the factory shocks if you painted a line in the road you'd feel it. With the Ricors I see bumps but many times I barely feel them. The ride is very compliant now. What used to be a firm jolt is now a little nudge. You still feel really big bumps but it is more like a firm nudge versus a harsh jolt like the OEM shocks. Handling in the twists also seems much better. The bike seems to turn in much quicker now.

I spent quite a few hours riding one handed with my feet ip on the hiway pegs. Prior to the Ricors I would take my feet off the pegs when I'd see a bumpy road ahead. Not anymore. The bike is rock solid. The ride seems to be getting even better with some miles on the shocks. I have about another 1000 miles to go to Arkansas so I should know even more by Sunday.

For anyone interested I have the sag set to 7/8".

The only thing I wonder is what a set of $200 13" Progressives would have felt like?

All in all I am extremely happy with my Ricors and the excellent service I received from Brian.

The Ricors have put the "GLIDE" into my Street Glide.