Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back From Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back From Biketoberfest

Well just got back from Daytona. Looks like Rossmeyers Harley Davidson is doing what they said. Pulling the business away from the vendors on Main St. Not nearly as many people in Daytona as years before. Orlando HD had a lot going on as did Millers. Most everything was down at Rossmeyers. Just my observation.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:57 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Back From Biketoberfest

I'm jealous..... our best friends had a nice place, offered us free room and board, take the harleys, take the bourget and have a blast. Work prevented us from going, heard the weather was HOT, clear and LOTS of fun.

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-21-2006, 10:09 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I just got back also. Beach Street was pretty quiet with few vendors. Millers was great, first time I've been there. I don't do Main Street anymore. Too hard on bike and rider on a 90+ degree day. I didn't go to Destination Daytona this time because I heard it was jam packed with a 30 minute wait just to get in the lot. I enjoy Daytona less each year. Too much traffic and the riding is just not that great and how many t-shirts and pins do you really need? But, I'm only 90 minutes away so "that's easy for me to say". I realize it's the last chance for some of the northerners to ride.

I started to attend some of the smaller events in areas where the riding is GREAT....Georgia mountains, Florida Panhandle....maybe Outer Banks next year.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:32 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right about rosemyers taking bike week out of daytona its only just begun it is only going to draw more and more to new symerna but that probably will make a lot of daytona res. happy seems the trend is they are less and less happy with bike week and thats what happens be carefull what you wish for you just might get it. For me thats a 50min ride insted of 1hr 10min so its all good.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:48 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I'm jealous. All you guys suck

Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
alazlo
Road Master

ORIGINAL: asuperheat

Your right about rosemyers taking bike week out of daytona its only just begun it is only going to draw more and more to new symerna but that probably will make a lot of daytona res. happy seems the trend is they are less and less happy with bike week and thats what happens be carefull what you wish for you just might get it. For me thats a 50min ride insted of 1hr 10min so its all good.
New Smyrna is actually on the other side (South) of Daytona. Rossmeyers is North of Daytona in Ormond beach..

We spend a month in New Smyrna every year when it gets cold in Ohio. Started 15 years ago by just going to bike week and about 5 years ago I retired so we stay longer. I'm still down there for bike week but I understand why the locals don't care for it. Daytonas great till all the bikers show up and traffic comes to a standstill. We usually only hit Daytona once or twice for bike week and spend the rest of the week going to points west and south...

Old 10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
jackj
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we got back late Friday, (we always ride down to Key West first & stay for a few days), you are right, the event was pretty dead, as well as Key West.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Biketoberfest was great!!! Less people,great weather(sunny and 90's). Downtown Daytona is getting what they wanted. Less bikers,which of course means less money The Police seemed to outnumbered the bikers this year. Riding the loop was great and actually got to shake hands with Arlen Ness at his new shop. Also talked with Billy Lane who was just wandering around destination Daytona. Was very humble in light of his accident and and came off super remorseful. Easy to cast stones at someone, however we've all made mistakes and it's tragic ,for all concerned. I know,what everyone says HANG HIM. However there is a difference in murder and vehicular manslaughter. There is a price to be paid for ignorance, and I am sure it will be paid!

Old 10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I went also. Left Tampa early on Sat AM. Took 2 and 1/2 hours to get there. I went to main street first. Easy to get parking that early. I checked all the shops and bought t-shirts for everyone that wanted one. Stayed until the bars opened. Drank a couple of beers, ogled the bar girls. Left there and went to the Harley dealership just over the bridge (Rossenmyers I think). That was cool. People were getting their bikes pin stripped, LED's put on and seats made. It was strarting to get real hot so I left to go to the raceway. There was an accident with a bike (sport I think) and the traffic was backed up. I did not stay and wait in line to park. I drove back to Tampa. Was a great day. Sorry I missed the raceway exhibits.

I think someone said that a bike hit a lady on 92 by the raceway. When I went by they had a tarp over a bike. Better than Bike Week. I saw 2 fatalities in one day.

Hard to do it in one day. If you go to the raceway first then Main Street is crowded and no where to park. If you go to Main Street first then the raceway is to busy.

Worth the trip and a great ride.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I hear ya, we all make mistakes and pay for them...............Nice Bike!

nick@nite

Quick Reply: Back From Biketoberfest