Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thundermax efi

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 PM
ENG5INE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the thundermax with auto tune on my bike and i love it i just recently took a trip from Md To Tn so it was def a elevation change and the bike never spit sputterd or nothing it ran like a champ the whole time where a few friends bikes didnt like the elevation change My 2 cents you cant go wrong with a thundermax Especially if it has auto tune

Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Matt
am thinking about the Thundermax auto myself. Just wondering what are the computer requirements needed to run the tuning / download programs. will any lap top do. thanks
as long as u have widows 7 or vista and i forget the others but it should work on any laptop as long as u have windows of some sort.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 AM
whooda
Intermediate
Exclamation T-Max - Only 1 issue

I installed a T-Max on my 06 Heritage and the improvement was noticeable. Any Windows Laptop from recent years should work well for you, and even though mine had the O2 sensors, you will still want to run the software to get a basemap of the bike for comparrisson later on after you put some miles in the saddle.

One note of caution: I made a rookie mistake when installing mine the first time. I didn't run the wires propperly through the battery compartment and one of the wires got pinched and eventually broke while I was riding. Bike did a complete shutdown, no acceleration......END OF RIDE. Be careful if you install yourself or check the job of the other guy. Any problems with ignition or acceleration loss, check the T-Max connections first! Ride safe.......

Old 05-31-2011, 05:11 AM
Dr Matt
Cruiser

Thanks, I did a quick search here and a quick read through the Thundermax sitebut didnt see any information. So windows7 of sorts and does anyone know file size, so what size processors or ram would be good. I know its alot of silly questions, just want to make sure we get what wil work. thanks again

Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 AM
TexasVet
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dr Matt
Thanks, I did a quick search here and a quick read through the Thundermax sitebut didnt see any information. So windows7 of sorts and does anyone know file size, so what size processors or ram would be good. I know its alot of silly questions, just want to make sure we get what wil work. thanks again
I'm running the program on a two year old laptop that had Vista on it and then upgraded to 7 last week. Didn't have any issue with running the software with either version of Windows.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM
TexasVet
Tourer

I too have the TM and can't say enough good things about it. The bike runs cooler and throttle response is immediate, also does away with the throttle lag that is inherent on the 08 and above tbw bikes where the butterfly does not fully open until 3k rpm. I'm still tuning mine in but the learning curve has not been that bad. I went from the TTS Mastertune and got tired of riding 15 and 20 times with a laptop trying to tune the damn thing in. This has been a piece of cake with letting the AT set the fuel curves for the bike and just ride without having to stop, setup a run with the laptop, collect VE cells then adjust EGR, then conduct more VE runs, adjust EGR, then ride for pinging, adjust for the pinging, then do more VE runs then adjust for EGR. Just got aggrevated with spending my entire weekend riding with a laptop and not just enjoy riding.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 AM
tcfamy
Cruiser

I'm running the TMAX with autotune on an '02 with new headers with the O2 sensors. Solved a lot of problems and runs very smooth compared to previous setup. I run the software on an older laptop with XP and a new netbook with Windows 7. No issues and with the smaller netbook which I can place in the tour pak and record data to see how a change went. --- Tom

Old 05-31-2011, 08:13 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The program will work on windows XP, Vista and 7. The link below may help you find the answer to some of your questions. The program file download is compressed to about 48mb, I am not sure of the acutal file size on the puter.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=870&prod=1415

Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Dr Matt
Cruiser

thanks again all

Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Dr Matt
Cruiser

sorry just another ques. (dont mean to hijack).. whoever is running a netbook, which models are you using and any issues. thanks

Quick Reply: thundermax efi