Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Lou Steel
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Yaffee 14" Monkies

Originally Posted by fish eye
Hello friends,

I know this issue has been beaten to a pulp, and I did search, but the results weren't very helpful to me.

I am about to pull the trigger on the PYO MBB's. I am having one hell of a time deciding on what size to go with.

I know I can find a set of the 12" bars fairly easily, or should I say quickly. Not really in any hurry though, got enough going on that I don't plan to do the install until the season is over.

Does anyone have pics of installed 14" bars though? The baggernation site has a clear pic, but it's from the side, and I'm having a tough time gauging the height of the bars.

12" bars seem to be popular. I want to install them and turn heads, as well as increase my comfort. Will 14'' bars be too much? I'm after a dramatic look with the bars. Pretty sure they'll have my hands over my shoulders, but I can't imagine by much.

Does anyone have any pics of the 14s on a batwing bike? Hopefully from straight behind?

Thanks!
Definately go with 14's for combo of looks and comfort. I've had both and would not bother with 12's, but the 14's are the ticket. I'm 5'9" and hands were about shoulder high when riding relaxed, maybe sightly lower. 12's don't have the look and with 16's your fingers may tingle and get numb on the longer rides. IMO

Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 PM
eddiepoindexter
Cruiser
Default Hawg Halters?

Been looking at the 14" PYO MBB's and I ran across the Hawg Halters bars. Who's used them and do you have pics? I'm thinking the Hawg Halters bars in 16" would be the Sh$%$#2.

Anybody used these bars and have pics?

: EP

Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
HD-SHOTS
Novice
Default go with the 14's

seriously... go with the 14's and don't look back....
on my other bike (05 sportster custom) i had 16's and the factory 3-3.5 risers. i was thinking this is a touring bike, so i was looking at the 12's for comfort and long rides but i put the 14's on and actually pushed them almost all the way forward while installing. i have loved them and would have been very disappointed if i went any smaller...
i am 5'10'' and am a happy camper with these. many compliments, and have road many miles. longest so far in one day was 1,039 miles, and i was not even sore the next day. i thought i was going to be hurting as this was my first trip with the bars on the bike.

14's you will love them, and so will others looking...

Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 PM
thegingerkid
3rd Gear
Default 14 or 16's?

Originally Posted by HD-SHOTS
seriously... go with the 14's and don't look back....
on my other bike (05 sportster custom) i had 16's and the factory 3-3.5 risers. i was thinking this is a touring bike, so i was looking at the 12's for comfort and long rides but i put the 14's on and actually pushed them almost all the way forward while installing. i have loved them and would have been very disappointed if i went any smaller...
i am 5'10'' and am a happy camper with these. many compliments, and have road many miles. longest so far in one day was 1,039 miles, and i was not even sore the next day. i thought i was going to be hurting as this was my first trip with the bars on the bike.

14's you will love them, and so will others looking...
So if I'm 6'1" would you recommend 16"? I just ordered 14"s but now ya got me thinking...thanks

Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 PM
bruin01
Intermediate

16 Yaffe bars on my 06 FLHT I love them

Attached Thumbnails 14" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars-bike.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Ive got 14's on my RK and Im 5-8" with the height at shoulder. I would go 2" taller than you were thinking....thats what I thought and heard and everyone was right.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with PY 14 inch classic bagger bars non fly by wire at the time for 2002 E.G...The bars fit perfect both the bike and me and are good bars.

I don't know how to say this in a polite term so I'll just say it...'The rest of the 'kit' their "Super Size Kit" with all cables, bike lines, is junk in MHO. The tranny cover was the wrong size, the brakes lines from what I understand are meant for 'show only' almost like a thin walled black tube non DOT approved for highway use. All parts were based on my year and model via customer support at the time.

Perhaps this was a their/very economical or 'cheap' package deal'. And at the time I was opting for 'cheap' since I was on a shoe string budget then? Still...I feel the 'pinch' of this overly priced low quality 'Super Size Kit'.

Again, other than the handle bars which are worthy. However, I've replaced over time all other cables and brake lines. They were crap...period! Maybe it was the nature of the beast then?

Perhaps since then things have improved with them and their handle bar kit(s)?

I'd opt to do a lot of home work prior, or find someone else to order from personally. All this in due respect of course and all this IMHO.

A pic of the E.G. Standard is in my garage, she's ruff looking but she's been faithful, loyal and most importantly...Dependable none-the-less.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:13 AM
thegingerkid
3rd Gear
Default 14 or 16"s that is the question

Originally Posted by bruin01
16 Yaffe bars on my 06 FLHT I love them
How tall are you Bruin01???? Thanks!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 AM
2011sedona
Intermediate

i posted some pics of mine with 14" monkey bars if you want to look its under finished 23" batwing

Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
MLHJR1
Cruiser

I like my 12's... I could get a away with the 14's.. but since non one in DFW carried them.. I just measured up.. and went for it.

Quick Reply: 14" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars