Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercom Use

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 AM
garyloos
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM
tmsimmon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this one, made it look simple.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
duanew18
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not been able to adjust the vox to work effectively so we always use the PTT. AND YES, anything you say on the intercom will transmit over the CB whether using vox or PTT. When we run with a group using CB's, my wife has a hand signal she will give me when she wants the CB turned off to say something private.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

When the VOX is adjusted correctly you never have to push the PTT to talk to your passenger only. However if you push the PTT to talk to your passenger instead of using the VOX feature, the signal and audio will transmit over the CB as well. I am sure the VOX does not automatically transmits over the CB frequencies without depressing the PTT switch. If you use the PTT to transmit on the CB, your passenger will hear what you transmitted also.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 08-30-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,134 Likes on 347 Posts

Nellybelle...My wife and I just started riding with another couple who also have an Ultra and they use the intercom all the time. In all the years I've had my bike, I've never tried the intercom nor the CB feature for that matter. They are insisting we purchase a second headset as it will increase our riding pleasure, not having to turn down the stereo and talk over our shoulders to each other. That said, is it fair to say that VOX operation only will ensure private conversations between my wife and myself? If I choose the CB option, will my transmission be heard by the second rider only? What about my wife? Or his for that matter? Is it possible to have a 4-way chat if both bikes have CB and all 4 of us have headsets on and use the PTT buttons? If so, can you still have private conversations between rider and passenger using VOX only? And of course, listen freely to the radio/cd/ipod between voice transmissions? I've never really thought of using these features before, to be honest, but hey...I'm an old dog willing to be taught new tricks. Especially if it adds to our riding experience, both together and with the other couple. Thanks for your help!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM
swomack
Road Master

I picked up a set of the boom headsets for the 1/2 helmets this weekend and they were a joke had to talk louder than I would normally just to get the VOX to activate plus the fact that yo have to have to have the radio/CD on just to talk is ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 AM
mcasey
Stage III

Thanks for sharing more about the bike along with the pictures. It really looks awesome in the new look. I will try putting the speaker switch in the center position

Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

VOX does not transmit over the CB. You have to use the PTT for CB. The radio (Music) can be muted and you can still hear the CB and Intercom.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Tailgunner1
Cruiser

Wow don't you people have an owners manual???? If you don't you can download one for your specific model on the Harley Davidson website for FREE!!!! Now go read all about the features, the bike you ride every day, has....

Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Manual does not cover everything that the radio does.

Quick Reply: Intercom Use