Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
bladecki13
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cruise control wiring

hey my name is joe and new to this forum! looking for a quick answer if possible. i am pretty mechanically inclined, but trying to install cruise control onto my 2011 road glide. i have the controls all wired up and connected as the dicrections say to do so. i also have the cruise control switch set into the switch cannal. the only step i am having trouble with is connecting that switch into the wiring harness due to the fact i dont know what cavity to put them in. if someone has a diagram that would be greatly appriciated thank you! Just so you know what step im on the harley directions say : Refer to the service manual, and follow the instructions to insert the switch wire terminals into the 12-way socket houseing [105B] as follows :
orange/voilet wire to cavity 4.
red/green wire to cavity 5.
black/green wire into cavity 12.

Just need to know what cavitys these are on the socket thank you!!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brown/orange is 11

yellow is 6

black is 3

orange/red is 1

Last edited by bdp; 06-22-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Sounds like you are having difficulty identifying the numbers of the cavaties. There are very small embossed/molded numbers on the wire insertion side of the connector identifying the cavaties. Lots of light and good eye sight/magnifying glass may help to read the numbers.

It's been a while since I did this install, but, typically, the wire colors on one connector are the same as the wire colors of the mating connector.

Hope you figure it out.

Carl

Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 AM
bladecki13
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you for the help i will be going home to see if i can complete this with this information thanks again guys

Old 06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Sounds like you are having difficulty identifying the numbers of the cavaties. There are very small embossed/molded numbers on the wire insertion side of the connector identifying the cavaties. Lots of light and good eye sight/magnifying glass may help to read the numbers.

It's been a while since I did this install, but, typically, the wire colors on one connector are the same as the wire colors of the mating connector.

Hope you figure it out.

Carl

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not an easy job but not tough. I have wired a couple up and talked a couple other people through it. Make sure you run to the dealer and have the cruise turned on in the ECM

Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Joe,

By now you should have this under control, just wanted to let you know that anytime a member helps out a new guy its customary to send all of the guys that helped $20 via paypal. PM for the address,

j/k, hope you got her fixed up

Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
BadHD1340
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=18BKLR;8484371]What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not an easy job but not tough. I have wired a couple up and talked a couple other people through it. Make sure you run to the dealer and have the cruise turned on in the ecm

I just installed cruise on my 2011 SG and it isn't functioning. You're saying I need to have the dealer turn it on in the ecm? The light on the switch comes on but not on the gauge. Also, 1 of the wires is suppose to be connected to the speaker switch ground if I have it. I'm assuming that is if you have rear speakers which I don't. I left it taped up. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Dave