Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SG Induction Module Problems.....again

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 SG Induction Module Problems.....again

Hope no one out there has had the same problems that I have been experiancing with my 2010 SG ( 16,000 miles ). At the end of July my ride $hit the bed with "induction module" problems....a "restricted" part from Harley. Waited almost 2 months for said part to come in from a supposedly new vendor. NO ride for the down time. No loaner or rental from dealer or Harley. Well......got my ride back 3 weeks ago and after about 1800 miles...yup you got it...same problems and funny noises from the "NEW" induction module. WTF ! I will keep you posted on the outcome, and the new bull$hit from Harley !

Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Sorry to hear about your induction module prob - can you describe the "funny noises"?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funny noises...

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Sorry to hear about your induction module prob - can you describe the "funny noises"?
Yes...... when you start the fuel injection process instead of the soft whine it is a loud vibrating noise (Woody Woodpecker). Dealer says it is the throttle plate out of control.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by StumpyJr
Yes...... when you start the fuel injection process instead of the soft whine it is a loud vibrating noise (Woody Woodpecker). Dealer says it is the throttle plate out of control.
Interesting. When do you hear it - is it at idle, cruise, or only acceleration?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
FreeRiderInNOVA
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Road King Classic Induction Module Problem

Hope no one out there has had the same problems that I have been experiancing with my 2010 SG ( 16,000 miles ). At the end of July my ride $hit the bed with "induction module" problems....a "restricted" part from Harley. Waited almost 2 months for said part to come in from a supposedly new vendor. NO ride for the down time. No loaner or rental from dealer or Harley. Well......got my ride back 3 weeks ago and after about 1800 miles...yup you got it...same problems and funny noises from the "NEW" induction module. WTF ! I will keep you posted on the outcome, and the new bull$hit from Harley !

I have the exact same problem on my Road King. Here it is the start of a beautiful 3 day weekend (Columbus Day Weeken) its 80 degrees out. and I'm screwed. Took the bike to Waugh Harley Davidson in Orange Virginia and they have to special order the part. Hopefully I dont have to wait as long as Stumpy did. They told me I would have the part next week but it was restricted item.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
FreeRiderInNOVA
Novice

I have the exact same problem on my Road King. Here it is the start of a beautiful 3 day weekend (Columbus Day Weeken) its 80 degrees out. and I'm screwed. Took the bike to Waugh Harley Davidson in Orange Virginia and they have to special order the part. Hopefully I dont have to wait as long as Stumpy did. They told me I would have the part next week but it was restricted item.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Tommyboy1
Stage I
Default 2010 RK Woody Woodpeckering!

My RK is doing the exact same thing, its the butterfly valve 'woodpeckering'. What part did you have to purcghase to fix this problem? Thanks

Old 08-17-2015, 03:55 PM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

sorry to hear that !!

i literally had to tow mine in from vermont (100 miles) across the border for the same issue, left me stranded on the side of the road, all the vermont dealers were closed on mondays, no way I was gonna stay there for a couple days.

they are claiming it will be on the road by the end of the week, hoping that holds true

2011 RK, in the past 3 weeks, ive replaced front master cylinder, clutch, TBW and now this.......thank gawd ive got an extended warranty

Old 05-18-2019, 03:10 PM
PeelyP62
6th Gear
Default You'll never guess!

Three times the same problems. Nothing for 10 months then boom! Lost all acceleration, stranded, breakdown, garage(hd dealers) France.
Estimate for the notorious fuel module kit €800. Same price last year for my clutch bearing repair. Despite my love of my ride I would consider changing make of bike just to get something more reliable at a lower cost. Ridiculous problems from the world's best known company.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,451 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Hope no one out there has had the same problems that I have been experiancing with my 2010 SG ( 16,000 miles ). At the end of July my ride $hit the bed with "induction module" problems....a "restricted" part from Harley. Waited almost 2 months for said part to come in from a supposedly new vendor. NO ride for the down time. No loaner or rental from dealer or Harley.
So, how many riding miles do you figure you missed? 20 or 25?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Maybe you want to check into an aftermarket module like S&S or HPI? I'm not on top of all current events but haven't heard of this issue before. Looks like several others report the same issue. Also old enough bikes the moco won't give much of a **** about it.

Quick Reply: 2010 SG Induction Module Problems.....again