Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
choprjohn
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Fairing

I have a 2007 FLHR Road King, & want to install a OEM Street Gilde fairing. 1st. I would like to know if its possible. I realize I would need the fairing, guages & probably a new wiring harness. Im sure theres a few things I forgot. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. 2nd. Does anyone know how much the fairing would cost (NOT AFTER MARKET) & where could I find the best price, thought of salvage yard but most are wrecked in crashes....Thanx in advance.....Johnnie

Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by choprjohn
I have a 2007 FLHR Road King, & want to install a OEM Street Gilde fairing. 1st. I would like to know if its possible. I realize I would need the fairing, guages & probably a new wiring harness. Im sure theres a few things I forgot. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. 2nd. Does anyone know how much the fairing would cost (NOT AFTER MARKET) & where could I find the best price, thought of salvage yard but most are wrecked in crashes....Thanx in advance.....Johnnie
Yes, it is possible. Several years ago I was going to do the same thing in reverse (EG to RK) and had picked up most of the parts from salvage sites and Ebay. You're going to need a parts book if you're serious about this. Yep, you will need a new harness for the fairing along with many other parts. This is where the parts book will be invaluable.

Rick

Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Egldr05
Yes, it is possible. Several years ago I was going to do the same thing in reverse (EG to RK) and had picked up most of the parts from salvage sites and Ebay. You're going to need a parts book if you're serious about this. Yep, you will need a new harness for the fairing along with many other parts. This is where the parts book will be invaluable.

+1

There's no how-to thread on this conversion. Get the service manual, along with the electrical and parts supplements. That's about 100 bucks in books, give or take a little.

As far as cost, it's anywhere from a couple thousand to several hundred, depending on how much you spend on paint, and if you order new replacement parts from the moco, or spend a little of your time shopping ebay, craigslist, the classifieds, and calling salvage yards. Again, there's no checklist and no discount store that will have all the parts together for you, you need to put a little of your time into a project like this.

You're going to hear that it's cheaper to sell your road king and buy a fairing bike, but just ignore that. Most of that will be from the guys who don't like to work on their own bikes, and don't understand the satisfaction that comes with putting something together with your own two hands.

btw, welcome to the forum, Choprjohn. You might drop by the newcomer's forum and introduce yourself to the forum members when you have a minute.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
choprjohn
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx to both of you...Chopr