Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather tool roll up pouch ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Jon 2005 Road King
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make it small enough to fit inside the bottom of extended bags

Old 10-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are still in the "thinking" phase and I've put together our ideas, from which we can go in all kind of directions. This is what we have so far. It is made of heavy chap leather, so the tools can't poke holes in it. I liked the idea of a compartment with a zipper for very small items. You know, those items that I usually find in the washing machine, because Larry forgot to take them out of his jeans pockets...

I think we will make the top part longer, so it folds over back to the middle. That way you have a nice big surface on the ground to put your tools, or little screws and parts you are working on. At the end, we were thinking of two brass eyelets to lace a heavy leather string through, so you can wrap it around and tie it.

What do you think?

Isabel

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2151.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2150.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,633 Likes on 10,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain(B)itch
We are still in the "thinking" phase and I've put together our ideas, from which we can go in all kind of directions. This is what we have so far. It is made of heavy chap leather, so the tools can't poke holes in it. I liked the idea of a compartment with a zipper for very small items. You know, those items that I usually find in the washing machine, because Larry forgot to take them out of his jeans pockets...

I think we will make the top part longer, so it folds over back to the middle. That way you have a nice big surface on the ground to put your tools, or little screws and parts you are working on. At the end, we were thinking of two brass eyelets to lace a heavy leather string through, so you can wrap it around and tie it.

What do you think?

Isabel
I'm liking it a lot....would really like it to fit in the extended bag 'extension',
kinda outta sight outta mind .
That section of the extended bags is made for your tool pouches.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like it needs to be able to hold more tools. Can part of it be two tiers. One row on top of another for maybe half the length or more. That fold over flap could go all the way to the bottom so you could adjust it in case you have longer tools on the top row and more blanket to lay your tools out on when open. I really like the idea of a zipper compartment.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,
Why are tool rolls all alike, except for quality of course?
Isn't it possible to pack tools in a symmetrical way or 'upside & down' to have a 5/8" wrench aligned with a spark plug or one plier on each side of a single compartment? It's always a pain to close the roll when all the large parts of our tools are on the same side because the pockets are only on one side.

soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

If I had the coin this one would be mine!
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

BrianG
Tourer

It should roll up and buckle up and have optional straps to attach it to the front fork.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.

Originally Posted by jjnoble
I really like the idea of a zipper compartment.
I use a leather pencil pouch for small stuff.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

+subscribed

Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM
gerjets
Road Master

Captain Itch...been meaning to buy one of your engine guards...took a long ride a couple weekends ago (MD->OH->and back) and sure could have used your engine guard because I got caught behind an accident for about an hour. Almost burnt my legs/***** off haha.

I ride a Softail Heritage - obviously with soft bags - and have the HD toolkit (which sucks). In my opinion, I'm not convinced there is a big enough market for leather tool roll-up pouch; it would need to have something unique that would cause me to be interested (again, just my opinion).

My roll-up tool pouch has strings that tie together to close it and pockets that don't really keep the tools in place. I would be interested in a pouch designed with some other sort of fasteners to close it plus anything that helps keep tools in place.

Quick Reply: Leather tool roll up pouch ?