Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those running SE 103" Stage III

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
tem2169
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my 2012 FLHX in December and had basically the stage IV done before I took delivery. The 58MM throttle body in the kit does not work with the electonic throttle on the 2012's, so I had the stage III done and then had them send back the stock heads on the exchange program for for the Factor CNC ported heads. I don't have much mileage on it yet, but the bike seems to pull great and has plenty of torgue. I haven't noticed any overheating problem (The 2012's come with oil coolers). The bike does rock and roll a little at a stop due to the cam, but nothing I can't live with. I will let you know more when I actually get it broken in.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default tem2169

what did u use as a tuner sert --powervision- mastertune did u get it dynoed
my stage i call it 2.5 255 cams se 10.5 pistons 103 mva heads vance hines exhaust got 100hp 107 torque, think the tuner burned me though the map is a basic se map with no changes to ve tables, timing, fuel ratios the knuckle head had all fuel ratios at 14.6 except wot. the se map i had with the only 255 cams for that build with smart tune got 93 and 100 hp the only real difference in the 2 maps is the timing tables are about 5-10 degrees higher in different places on the map. i still think the tuner could have gotten more out of it by playing with the timing tables and ve tables and pushed these numbers until it started to loose power or pinging then back down. i have reset all my ar ratios that were 14.6 to 13.8 so i am also curious what other stage 3 and 4 are getting compared to mine.
he also charge me 400 bucks for 1 hour and 20 minutes tried 2-3 maps but never really modified the maps once he got one that got the 100 hp .
man does this thing ever cruise nice i think it is actually smoother than my friends balanced fatboy. driving in tenn in the fall it pulls up the hills without lugging i can go lower in rpms and not lug while in higher gears. and when it hits about 4 grand it explodes, pulls very hard at 3 grand but i think the hp really kicks in about 3800-4000. below that the torque pulls very hard. I would post the dyno sheet but the moron even gave me the wrong sheet when he was done, got the printout of the first couple of runs at 93 with my smart tune runs not the final sheet which i did see the numbers on the dyno as he did it. the other thing he forgot was to turn on my acrs so i had a bad time getting it to turn over for a bit along with a partially loose battery terminal connection blew the corner off the post. I call the guy up after pulling the program backwards out of the vci module only to see a completely unchanged program. then i couldnt reload it once I turned the acrs back on in the program because it was a old map, he tells me he is pretty busy and he would call me back. never called back. i find the extact same program with the next upgrade number in the se tables so I reloaded that with acrs back on and fuel ratios changed, and did smart tunes runs to get accurate ve tables. Then the starter craps out on me while at bikeoterfest in daytona in oct. 800 bucks later new battery, high output starter all is good again. until my shorted out recall brake switch starts throwing codes and bike stalls every time it throws a brake code. got that replaced when i got back, no more stalling
anyway the hp adventure hasnt been cheap , i would still do it because the bike has 30% more power than stock and is a lot better to drive and I can pass when i want to .

Last edited by 2009blackpearle; 02-02-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VEHLAon48
HEY HIGHLINER any dyno yet
Still waiting on an opening.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
tem2169
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
what did u use as a tuner sert --powervision- mastertune did u get it dynoed
my stage i call it 2.5 255 cams se 10.5 pistons 103 mva heads vance hines exhaust got 100hp 107 torque, think the tuner burned me though the map is a basic se map with no changes to ve tables, timing, fuel ratios the knuckle head had all fuel ratios at 14.6 except wot. the se map i had with the only 255 cams for that build with smart tune got 93 and 100 hp the only real difference in the 2 maps is the timing tables are about 5-10 degrees higher in different places on the map. i still think the tuner could have gotten more out of it by playing with the timing tables and ve tables and pushed these numbers until it started to loose power or pinging then back down. i have reset all my ar ratios that were 14.6 to 13.8 so i am also curious what other stage 3 and 4 are getting compared to mine.
he also charge me 400 bucks for 1 hour and 20 minutes tried 2-3 maps but never really modified the maps once he got one that got the 100 hp .
man does this thing ever cruise nice i think it is actually smoother than my friends balanced fatboy. driving in tenn in the fall it pulls up the hills without lugging i can go lower in rpms and not lug while in higher gears. and when it hits about 4 grand it explodes, pulls very hard at 3 grand but i think the hp really kicks in about 3800-4000. below that the torque pulls very hard. I would post the dyno sheet but the moron even gave me the wrong sheet when he was done, got the printout of the first couple of runs at 93 with my smart tune runs not the final sheet which i did see the numbers on the dyno as he did it. the other thing he forgot was to turn on my acrs so i had a bad time getting it to turn over for a bit along with a partially loose battery terminal connection blew the corner off the post. I call the guy up after pulling the program backwards out of the vci module only to see a completely unchanged program. then i couldnt reload it once I turned the acrs back on in the program because it was a old map, he tells me he is pretty busy and he would call me back. never called back. i find the extact same program with the next upgrade number in the se tables so I reloaded that with acrs back on and fuel ratios changed, and did smart tunes runs to get accurate ve tables. Then the starter craps out on me while at bikeoterfest in daytona in oct. 800 bucks later new battery, high output starter all is good again. until my shorted out recall brake switch starts throwing codes and bike stalls every time it throws a brake code. got that replaced when i got back, no more stalling
anyway the hp adventure hasnt been cheap , i would still do it because the bike has 30% more power than stock and is a lot better to drive and I can pass when i want to .
The dealer used the SE Super Tuner. Right now I really can't give you much of an impression on it's capabilities above 4,000 since I'm still breaking it in. It pulls great from start though. I'll have it Dyno'ed when I get about a grand on it.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM
VEHLAon48
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by HighLiner

Still waiting on an opening.
R we there yet

Old 11-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Scott F Hoffmann
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it! I have a 2014 FLHTCU, and I love the upgrade. More torque than a 107 stock on the Road Glide Ultra and 107 stock FLHTCU.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts

I have a chance to buy the Stage 4 for $1000 new from a guy that bought it and then sold the bike before installing. I can install my self. Should I???

Old 07-19-2018, 11:37 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,706 Likes on 1,987 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
I have a chance to buy the Stage 4 for $1000 new from a guy that bought it and then sold the bike before installing. I can install my self. Should I???
No, you should sell it to me for the same $1,000.