Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When have you had to pull it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by jacknthebox
Didn't know there was such a section....moderator will move it if deems necessary.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-gun-enthusiast-99/

Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

To the OP.... why can't you get a permit?

Here's the requirements for Minnesota.

Requirements:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age
2. Must complete an application form
3. Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
4. Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigation system
5. Must be a resident of the county from which you are requesting a permit, if you reside in Minnesota. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff.
6. Must provide certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor and completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)

Required Documents:
1. Completed application
2. Copy of your training certificate
3. Copy of your driver’s license
4. State ID Card or Passport photo
5. Application Fee

Seems pretty easy to me.

Last edited by shooter5074; 02-27-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Belongs in gun enthusiast forum, imho
I thought that was for people enthusiastic about pulling guns

Seriously tho while out Touring I've only ran into a lot of very cool people, nobody I've felt needed shooting yet. I'm also curious who is F'ing with the people on bikes ?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Every time I pee...

Oops - didn't know this was a gun forum question...sorry.

Last edited by Iceman24; 02-27-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Crash75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Germany is the.....I mean New Jersey is one of those states where they say all you have to do is submit an application along with some documentation and you can get your carry permit. However...what that retchid piece of **** state doesn't tell you is that you will most definately be denied unless you are a retired judge or cop. Maybe OP's state is the same way

Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

No ****, there I was, deep into territory I had no business being in. My normally reliable chopper had chosen exactly that moment to pull up lame. Plugs fouled from the last batch of bad gas we’d gotten at a run-down little hole-in-the-wall gas station that looked exactly like it probably had for the last 40 years, faded, peeling paint, grimy windows you could almost see through, and a 51 Dodge tow truck sitting on three flat tires.

The skies were angry that night, my friend. Maybe 25 miles down the road from the gas station, halfway between Nowhere and Obscurity, and Pancho and I were faced with having to make an emergency roadside repair in the dwindling light so we could make our pickup later that day at the Mexican border.

I unstrapped the leather tool roll I kept on the forks, and spread my tools out on it. I was concentrating on the task at hand. Pancho was cleaning plugs while I rigged a makeshift filter from an old t-shirt and a tequila bottle. I figured we’d filter the gas from the tanks a couple of times to see if we could clean it enough to get us on our way. I pulled the fuel line from the petcock and let it flow into the tequila bottle.

We heard them before we saw them, a long, low rumble, like distant thunder, angry yet somehow familiar. Looking up, we saw a line of bikers on the horizon, coming our way. Pancho looked up with an expression that said “now wtf?” Years on the road together had enabled us to comminucate in our own particular shorthand. “It’s a good day to die”, I said, and Pancho nodded knowingly.

We quickly put the plugs back in my panhead, but the gas was still trickling into the makeshift filter, like a moonshiner’s still. I keep a Smith and Wesson .380 in my right boot. It’s not the biggest gun you will find, but in the right hands, it’s deadly. In my left boot, I have a SOG mini pentagon, and in a sheath on my waist is my trusty Ka-bar. Maybe not exactly loaded for bear, but certainly equipped for any scuffle we might find coming at us.

As the line of bikers got closer, something didn’t seem right. The bikes were lined up in a zig-zag pattern, some of them were pulling trailers. The noise had actually faded, the thunderous sound we had heard earlier must have actually been thunder. The sound coming from the bikes was more like what you’d expect from a small import.

“Wingers”, I said, and Pancho nodded.

The line of bikes pulled up next to us. “Need any help?” the rider said, He looked more like an overweight accountant than a thug. “Na, we’re good”, said Pancho.

“Are you sure…” the rider started to say. “I said we’re good!” said Pancho emphatically.

The line of yellow and blue bikes, looking more like little dirigibles than motorcycles, started to pull away.

Fortunately, we didn’t have to use our weapons that day, but we were certainly prepared to.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
To the OP.... why can't you get a permit?

Here's the requirements for Minnesota.

Requirements:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age
2. Must complete an application form
3. Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
4. Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigation system
5. Must be a resident of the county from which you are requesting a permit, if you reside in Minnesota. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff.
6. Must provide certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor and completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)

Required Documents:
1. Completed application
2. Copy of your training certificate
3. Copy of your driver’s license
4. State ID Card or Passport photo
5. Application Fee

Seems pretty easy to me.
I could swear when I've researched this a little while back that MN was a state that didn't allow it.....my bad.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jacknthebox
I could swear when I've researched this a little while back that MN was a state that didn't allow it.....my bad.

You were probably thinking of Wisconsin, they just recently passed CC ......Pretty much just Illinois now. And Illinois is the one state that SHOULD have a CC law.

Last edited by shooter5074; 02-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Keith - I will repost in the proper place.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
skully1200
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually need to renew my permit, but that's irrelevant. I am of the mindset that I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. That being said, I do not ever point a gun at something that I do not intend to shoot. I would never in a million years brandish a weapon to try to intimidate. If I am pulling the gun, I am pulling the trigger. That being said, I am doing everything possible to avoid putting myself in a situation that would make that necessary.

Quick Reply: When have you had to pull it?