Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Ride Like a Pro worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Best $ you'll spend. Great work Jerry. Hi from Haverstraw!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:08 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the set -- I throw the --- I can't remember - The "beginner" DVD in when a friend asks me about maybe taking a regular course to learn to ride (so they sort of get the idea of what they're getting into). The RLAP video is great, the Dragon one is just a blast to watch (especially yellow-Wing guy showing those two DB's what time it is near the end).

The "Mean Streets" one -- Eh, I watched it. Nothing against it -- If you're not used to riding on the "mean streets" then it's certainly filled with somethings to think about. But around here, pretty much all the streets are mean streets so it's sort of mundane in that regard. But it's a good one with the "future bikers" also as a "This is what's going to happen to you almost every time you ride to work - except there's a lot more traffic and distractions" exercise.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
skully1200
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the Mean Streets DVD basically a defensive driving lesson? Not to minimize the importance of that, its just that I have been through quite a few of these at this point. Is there more to the video that pertains specifically to motorcycles when dealing with certain hazards?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 249 Posts

How can you go wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get the whole set used at a good price on EBay

Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The books and DVD's are a great start. Take an actual class also. Ther is no substitute for learning the techniques with an instructo present. You'll be surprised at how much better you can handle your bike at the end of the class, and it will save your life, or at least a trip in the ambulance and a stay in the hospital. A+ on your efforts to improve your riding skills.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
motorman857
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Ride Like a Pro to buy?

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
Hi BigG,
We no longer sell my Ride Like a Pro V video, it has been updated with the NEW Ride Like a Pro which we released last month. Still two hours long, easier explanations, tips, lots of helmet cam footage angles with the riders point of view in front, behind and above on 12 different cruisers and a sport bike. A few new challenging exercises added with five lady riders and five men riders.

My NEW Ride Like a Pro covers low speed/slow, tight turns and maneuvers. My other videos in the combo deal expand on what you master from my RLAP video. You take those three techniques and apply them directly to your riding in the Mean Streets or on any higher speed challenging road with my Ride Like a Pro on the Dragon video. They all work in conjunction with my Ride Like a Pro video. Once you master your bike at slow speeds, going fast is a walk in the park.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by motorman857
Hi BigG,
We no longer sell my Ride Like a Pro V video, it has been updated with the NEW Ride Like a Pro which we released last month. Still two hours long, easier explanations, tips, lots of helmet cam footage angles with the riders point of view in front, behind and above on 12 different cruisers and a sport bike. A few new challenging exercises added with five lady riders and five men riders.

My NEW Ride Like a Pro covers low speed/slow, tight turns and maneuvers. My other videos in the combo deal expand on what you master from my RLAP video. You take those three techniques and apply them directly to your riding in the Mean Streets or on any higher speed challenging road with my Ride Like a Pro on the Dragon video. They all work in conjunction with my Ride Like a Pro video. Once you master your bike at slow speeds, going fast is a walk in the park.

Thanks,
Jerry
Jerry, great videos! I got RLAP V to watch over the winter (a season which never actually came) along with the Tail of the Dragon DVD. I have been practicing the simple techniques ever since I watched it and I am no longer a "duckwalker" and have much improved in my low speed maneuvers, U-turns in particular which used to be intimidating and which I can now do with ease. Really helpful stuff!

I haven't ridden the Dragon yet and found that video both instructive and entertaining!

You've done the riding community a great service by putting what you know into very easy to understand videos.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered mine !! The NEW RLAP combo and the crash bar covers too. I got a couple bucks saved up and it's been burning a hole in my pocket. After looking at all the "safety" mods on my short list, this was the least expensive and the most worthwhile mod for me

Attention K-Mart shoppers! Beware of amateur rider knocking over road cones in parking lot.
SC

Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 PM
motorman857
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Like a Pro

Originally Posted by jberg
Best $ you'll spend. Great work Jerry. Hi from Haverstraw!
Thanks! Hi back to you from Hudson, Florida.

Jerry

Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 PM
PlotMH
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another option is to take one of the courses offered by Midwest Motorcycle Training. Same principals and ideas, taught by current and former Motor Officers.

http://www.msumotorcycletraining.com/index2.html

Quick Reply: Which Ride Like a Pro worth getting?