Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my exhaust - 2008 Road King

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 PM
DaveWilliams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my exhaust - 2008 Road King

I bought this beauty a few months ago and just got back from a 6k miles road trip and would like a bit ore volume. She is about the quietest HD I have ridden or heard. I cannot hear the exhaust note at hwy speed.

I think it is the stock headers with aftermarket Screaming Eagle slipons. I love the look but would like some more decibels.

If I take the fish tails off (three allen screws) there is a toughly 1.5" center pipe extending out of the mufflers.

My question is, do these have baffles that I can remove or replace?

I can take more pics if it would help.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had those same slip-ons and end caps on my '07 Road King. There were no optional baffles available, and I was told that they were not removable.

I agree that the tone of the mufflers was quite subdued, although slightly louder than stock.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Those acutally look like the pipes that come on the CVO bikes. Are they 4" cans? If you an get a part number off the pipe that would be helpful.

If they happen to be a pair of CVO mufflers you can get different baffles from http://www.fullsac.com/recorekit.html they will take a bit of grinding to get the existing baffles out. But from what I read people really like them. Give them a call they are very helpful.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
DaveWilliams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Those acutally look like the pipes that come on the CVO bikes. Are they 4" cans? If you an get a part number off the pipe that would be helpful.

If they happen to be a pair of CVO mufflers you can get different baffles from http://www.fullsac.com/recorekit.html they will take a bit of grinding to get the existing baffles out. But from what I read people really like them. Give them a call they are very helpful.
Thanks for the info. i will pull the serial # when I get home today.