Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still Struggling with Hogtunes Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Still Struggling with Hogtunes Install

Double check to be sure you mount the right speaker in the right hole and the left speaker in the left hole. And remember, left and right is facing the speakers, not looking at them from the fairing side. You don't want the wrong sound coming out the wrong side. ;^)

Old 01-03-2007, 01:52 AM
BadAzz Electraglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad that I could assist you. I knowthis cause I just installed mine last week. Have to say a great upgrade...... now I just need to add them to the rear

Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine apart as well. Front speakers in, Amp intstalled and wires run to rear of the bike. Hopefully when I get a few extra minutes, I'll get the rear speakers and pods installed. Easy self explained instructions so far. Oh yeah the front speakers just snap out of the bracket. Push to one slide slightlty and the other should snap out.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap!!!!!!!!! Now I have to switch my speakers around.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

does it really matter

Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

sounds like a Snipe Hunt

Old 01-03-2007, 02:10 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

does it really matter
Probably only if you were listening to classical music and were picky about the positioning of the instruments (violins and percussion on left, cellos and bass fiddles on right, etc.). What's more important is polarity, so swapping the two connectors (+ and -) on one speaker would cause the sound quality (especially bass) to diminish. You could swap both without adverse effect, but on the HD setup it is impossible (?) since the connectors are a different size.

Question for anyone here: Has anyone installed the Hogtune speakers and amp with a single set of speakers (i.e., none on rear)? Is there any advantage to this, and can you buy the amp outside the kit? I'm getting no distortion and decent sound with the HT speakers and stock amp, but more power might drive the speakers better and provide a fuller sound, like more bass.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
BadAzz Electraglide
Tourer

iClick that would be a question that you should ask PEZ. He is the man that makes the speakers and he is also a forum member. He has posted up above but I think he is on vacation so it may take a bit to get back to ya.

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

does it really matter
Probably only if you were listening to classical music and were picky about the positioning of the instruments (violins and percussion on left, cellos and bass fiddles on right, etc.). What's more important is polarity, so swapping the two connectors (+ and -) on one speaker would cause the sound quality (especially bass) to diminish. You could swap both without adverse effect, but on the HD setup it is impossible (?) since the connectors are a different size.

Question for anyone here: Has anyone installed the Hogtune speakers and amp with a single set of speakers (i.e., none on rear)? Is there any advantage to this, and can you buy the amp outside the kit? I'm getting no distortion and decent sound with the HT speakers and stock amp, but more power might drive the speakers better and provide a fuller sound, like more bass.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:54 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should just give them to me and be done with all your problems

Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

Double check to be sure you mount the right speaker in the right hole and the left speaker in the left hole. And remember, left and right is facing the speakers, not looking at them from the fairing side. You don't want the wrong sound coming out the wrong side. ;^)
And if you have an Ultra or other model with rear watch out. You don't want the music to sound like the band is behind you.

Quick Reply: Still Struggling with Hogtunes Install