Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PYO Monkey Bars: Soooooo pissed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

They are the 12's

Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 09FLHT
Dont half *** it. Make Yaffe step up. And while your at it, tell him you want a partial refund for having to wait so long and deal with so much B.S. for his overpriced bars.
Waaaaa Hahahahahahahaha good luck with that. Apparently you have never delt with Yaffe Customer Service.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 AM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I went with different bars. PYO is a joke. For that money, they just plain suck.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

I'd change grips or return the bars.

Problem with spray paint is throttle rotation might scratch the paint. This could look bad, depending on the size of the little holes in the grips.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:22 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
They are the 12's
I am about to pull the frickin wires on a set of 12s. Were you able to use the stock wires or did you need the extension kit? I am removing 16s and going with 12". Yaffe said to go +8 but that looks to be too long also, what did you end up using? I still have throttle cables.
Suggestion for the grips that came up short, use a tubing cutter and trim that amount off the tip and it will sit flush against the stop.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I am about to pull the frickin wires on a set of 12s. Were you able to use the stock wires or did you need the extension kit? I am removing 16s and going with 12". Yaffe said to go +8 but that looks to be too long also, what did you end up using? I still have throttle cables.
Suggestion for the grips that came up short, use a tubing cutter and trim that amount off the tip and it will sit flush against the stop.
The bars work with grips that match HD grips. I found that out with a set of Ness deep cut grips. They left a 1/4 inch gap. HD grips were perfect. PM grips are perfect. Nothing wrong with the bars. If you trim the bars you will have to re notch the TBW side.

You can use the stock length wires with 12s. Just reroute the plugs inside the fairing to under the radio. +6 cables and brake lines will work fine.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM
DevilGlide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monkey Bar wiring length

Originally Posted by rg_dave
The bars work with grips that match HD grips. I found that out with a set of Ness deep cut grips. They left a 1/4 inch gap. HD grips were perfect. PM grips are perfect. Nothing wrong with the bars. If you trim the bars you will have to re notch the TBW side.

You can use the stock length wires with 12s. Just reroute the plugs inside the fairing to under the radio. +6 cables and brake lines will work fine.
Will the stock wiring work if you run INSIDE the bars on 12" (2008 roadglide)...what about the throttle by wire?

Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id be pissed too but nothing surprises me anymore..the paint seems to be the best option as long as the surface is prepped right and it doesnt start to flake off

Old 08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I just realized I never updated this thread. So since it has been revived I'll provide closure:

I called Yaffe and they hadn't had this occur b4, but understood. They said they would be happy to make me a special set with end to end chrome. A month or so. They said they would be happy to take back the first set of bars even if I use them while I'm waiting on my new ones.

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Second, is that after a day or two of riding I may find out that what many are saying is true, and that I actually want 12's.
I did ask Yaffe on the phone if, since they were doing a special job for me anyway, they could make them as 11's. Thought I'd split the difference between 10 and 12 and they might still stay close enough to the fairing to make me happy aesthetically. Nope, no-can-do. After 14 months I guess I feel the same way now as I did then: 12's would've been best comfort-wise, but 10's are best aesthetically. 10's are leaps and bounds better than stock in every way. I am still planning to do the FBI Drop Seat that will give the effect of raising the bars.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:40 PM
HD REBEL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly why I went with LA Choppers Prime Apes. Tried the black paint but the throttle grip scratches the paint off. Better bars at much less cost and they come completely chromed!

Attached Thumbnails PYO Monkey Bars: Soooooo pissed!!!-044.jpg  

Quick Reply: PYO Monkey Bars: Soooooo pissed!!!