Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle jacks on eBay

Old 01-17-2007, 08:41 PM
backnasaddle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle jacks on eBay

I did a search on this and didn't really find an answer. What is everyone's opinion of those jacks you see on eBay all the time. Looks like you'll pay $70.00 - $80.00 for one of them. Are they worth looking at? How do they copmare with the similar ones you might find at Sears, Pep Boys, Sam's, etc...?

Old 01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
BERRYP
Tourer
Default RE: motorcycle jacks on eBay

[IMG] http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...6/IMG_1635.jpg [/IMG]

Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like the shipping would really be the big expense on those ebay models. I think that Sears is the place most of the folks here on the forum have chosen for this product. You can be guaranteed they are reliable and good quality.

Ride safe,

Old 01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Mad Dawg
Advanced

If you have a HarborFreight store near you, check them out. I bought a jack off of them that is similar to the Sears one except i liked the way the HarborFreight jack has its lift locking mechanism set up vs. the Sears model and they always have specials and coupons in mail fliers or at the stores and i got mine with i think it was 20% off the sale price for aprox 27.00. they also had an aluminum (big bucks) jack there.Its worth a check anyway, and good luck.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

just purchased a jack from Pep Boys--final price with rebates 49.99

Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats what I want my $23,000 bike on, swaying up in the air is a $49.00 jack, or the Sears POS!

Spend the bucks for a heavy duty VERY STABLE SAFE jack . J&S Jacks designed for the Harley. www.jsjacks.com

Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteveO

Thats what I want my $23,000 bike on, swaying up in the air is a $49.00 jack, or the Sears POS!

Spend the bucks for a heavy duty VERY STABLE SAFE jack . J&S Jacks designed for the Harley. www.jsjacks.com
Right.....because Craftsman just makes crappy products! [sm=icon_blah.gif]

But hey, if I ever feel the need to do acrobatics on my bike while it's jacked up, I'll be sure to get one of the J&S models! But for lifting my bike up and cleaning it or doing minor work, I haven't had any problems with my Craftsman, even when I'm moving it around my garage......

Old 01-19-2007, 01:32 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,943 Likes on 1,703 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 01-19-2007, 09:00 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

This is a pretty stupid post, the Sears jack is obviously not as sturdy as an over $300 setup but they work just fine for most people.

I have two Sears jacks that I have used for years with no problems whatever & everyone I know has one also. If you use the jack all day everyday in a shop, then I agree to spend the big bucks but for the average Joe it is a total waste of money.

I have used both the Harbor Freight jack & both the red & yellow Sears models(I own both)& I much prefer the Sears red jack to the other two options.

~John

Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not had any problems cleaning my spokes with a crappy49.99 pep boys jack (after rebate) feels stable to me.

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: SteveO

Right.....because Craftsman just makes crappy products! [sm=icon_blah.gif]

But hey, if I ever feel the need to do acrobatics on my bike while it's jacked up, I'll be sure to get one of the J&S models! But for lifting my bike up and cleaning it or doing minor work, I haven't had any problems with my Craftsman, even when I'm moving it around my garage......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: motorcycle jacks on eBay