Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default RE: Turn a Classic into a classic

Here's the part #'s directly out of the HD Accessory Catalog:

Nostalgic Saddlebag Rail: 91265-98A
Touring V-Logo Front: 91099-94A
Touring V-Logo Rear: 91100-94 This one'sin the attached photo.

If you shop around you'll find a better price than the catalog. I got my fender rails through M and M Cycles.

Ride Safe.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1543/B75945F7F61E4227991B3B7266FC7F4D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Stank Slinger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I looked at the online catalog but didn't see em thats why I thought maybe they were custom or somethin but I love the look of your bike and gonna try somethin like that myself. Finally took her for a spin yesterday and what a dream! My first Harley and I still need ta get used to it but man what a nice piece of machinery! And it seemed like it had plenty of power but everyone is talkin about stage one stuff and that I don't know if I need it or not, I'm still learnin all this Harley stuff.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgardjr

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Great looking bikes all of you. A word of caution about installing a Goodson A/C. They are not a bolt on deal. You will need to fabricate a backing plate for it and cut a gasket for it also. I had one on my '99 RKC and never really mounted it correctly.
Well I guess nothing in life should come easy. It'll go on one way or another. I know that Goodson list about 20 different applications including EVO/Early Twin Cam EFI. I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago and bought the same exact same (single rib) Goodson Filter from Shamrock Fabrication (they had a great price and a first name relationship with Goodson-I guess there within 15 miles of each other). Rich made it sound like it was pretty much bolt on, but I'll let everyone know how much work it turns out to be. If you're old bike was a two-tone green/black (I couldn't tell if it was green/black or black/black) then it's the same color combo as mine. Anyway, I've been trying to find something I liked for a couple of years now and your picture only confirmed what I already knew-this was exactly what I was looking for.

I loved the Goodson. The polished cast metal look was really unique. I've since sold the bike, but here is a picture of the a/c on my classic in case some of you were curious how it would look. Sorry for the bad pic, it is the only one I could find.

Take care-
Thanks again for the picture. It'll tide me over for the next few weeks until I get mine. Goodson is about two weeks out and I figure it'll probably be another week in transit.
Right on, you're going to love it. Plus, I bet you don't see it on another Road King. I never did. My old bike was Green over Black, good eye on a bad pic. I bought mine from Irish Rich as well. He was very helpful. That was 4 years ago, Dennis may have changed the backing plate to provide some support to the heads making it a bolt on deal now. If not, you should be able to make it work relatively easy. Post pics when you get it done.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
rgardjr
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right on, you're going to love it. Plus, I bet you don't see it on another Road King. I never did. My old bike was Green over Black, good eye on a bad pic. I bought mine from Irish Rich as well. He was very helpful. That was 4 years ago, Dennis may have changed the backing plate to provide some support to the heads making it a bolt on deal now. If not, you should be able to make it work relatively easy. Post pics when you get it done.
I got mine today and just got it on. It's pretty much a bolt on. I did have to drill out two of the four mounting holes to fit two of the allen head cap screws that were larger than the other two. How did you handle the breather? Looks like I need to find a filter for it. I replaced the stage 1 filter/backing plate so now I just have the breather tube hanging out.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:02 PM
redhog99
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Sol

Not a RKC, but like Whiskers mine's two-tone with a nostagic feel. More pics in my album.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/F2A6ED768E7B49E28AA66E7C077144B0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/C24FF55A9BDB42DCBBDE4E14847A74B8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/08BA84BDBC9D47C0803139C164E764EC.jpg[/IMG]
Sol,

What kind of bags are those? Where did you purchase the wide white walls? Nice look.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
springerGT
Road Master

Man! These are some great looking bikes on this post.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgardjr

I got mine today and just got it on. It's pretty much a bolt on. I did have to drill out two of the four mounting holes to fit two of the allen head cap screws that were larger than the other two. How did you handle the breather? Looks like I need to find a filter for it. I replaced the stage 1 filter/backing plate so now I just have the breather tube hanging out.
I put a longer hose on the end of the breather and ran it down to the top of the transmission where I put a filter on the end. It wasn't the nicest way to do it. You should be able to find a place to run the hose down to the bottom frame rail and put a filter on it down there. The problem with the Goodson is it doesn't give you anyway to tie the air cleaner backing plate to the head breathers like the Stage 1 kit does. This could eventually lead to vaccuum leaks the the intake manifold. Sweet looking piece though isn't it.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 526 Posts

SpringerGT, thats a clean lookin softy, I'd love to find a Heritage Springer to play with!!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 AM
rgardjr
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a longer hose on the end of the breather and ran it down to the top of the transmission where I put a filter on the end. It wasn't the nicest way to do it. You should be able to find a place to run the hose down to the bottom frame rail and put a filter on it down there. The problem with the Goodson is it doesn't give you anyway to tie the air cleaner backing plate to the head breathers like the Stage 1 kit does. This could eventually lead to vaccuum leaks the the intake manifold. Sweet looking piece though isn't it.
I love the look. These intakes are a bargain considering you get a hand made one of a kind part . The heft of the aluminum is very impressive. Just love the asthetics and the fact that its a quality piece. Thanks for the help with the breather situation. Just trying to decide how to proceed.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Sol
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: redhog99

ORIGINAL: Sol

Not a RKC, but like Whiskers mine's two-tone with a nostagic feel. More pics in my album.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/F2A6ED768E7B49E28AA66E7C077144B0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/C24FF55A9BDB42DCBBDE4E14847A74B8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14935/08BA84BDBC9D47C0803139C164E764EC.jpg[/IMG]
Sol,

What kind of bags are those? Where did you purchase the wide white walls? Nice look.
The bags are the discontinued H-D Harness Leather 90339-98. You can still findthe occasionalNOS set at some Dealers and on e-bay.
The ME880 whitwalls came from the e-bay seller American Classic Motors. ACM has been great each time I've bought from them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic