Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 AM
JBA111
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Is there a worst looking fairing than the RoadGlide? GeeWhiz there are dozens of fairings out there on dozens of different type bikes and out of all of them I think the Harley RG fairing is the worst looking of them all.
Don't jump on me too fast cause I love the handling qualitys of the RG and have considered converting my Ultra over to the RG fixed fairing. BUT I just cant get over the looks.
So, how about youartsy type of guys on here starting yourmarbles rolling arround and bounceing off one anotherand come up with some sketches or drawings of a GOOD LOOKING Fairing for the RoadGlide. Maybe even have some kind of contest on here kinda like the Front end of the month, and give away a Tshirt or something.
I'm not saying it has to look spaceage wild like the new Connie but something better than the warped garbage can stuck on the front frontend that'sits got now. And maybe if enough of the big guys see what the RoadGlide COULD look like, maybe they would build a GREAT LOOKING front end for such a Great bike!!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts
Default RE: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest

Well as they say with the RG fairings, ya either lovem or hatem. Guess we know where you stand lmao.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

Some day someone will get rid of the two lights and mold in a single headlight with maybe some smaller driving lights. I wish I knew how to do body work, I have the image in my head, sort of a combo of the Bat Wing & RG fairing.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 AM
mason417
Cruiser

People swear by them, But I am not a fan of a fairing that does not move with from forks - I like my lights to follow my turning path

Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think theyre downright sexy

Old 03-01-2007, 03:53 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

lol at the people that want lights that turn with the bars. that happens below 5mph in the parking lot and thats it! love the looks of the RG fairing, thats why i bought one. if ya dont like it buy something else.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 AM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell me if Im wroung it seem to me having the double light at night the visibilty is soo much better. Can you see her?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/D46FFD7726804C5C868EF1AE4DCE5472.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the RG is a great looking bike already. You don't see me bashing that barn door on the front of your ride. To each their own and I like mine just the way it is.

ORIGINAL: JBA111

Is there a worst looking fairing than the RoadGlide? GeeWhiz there are dozens of fairings out there on dozens of different type bikes and out of all of them I think the Harley RG fairing is the worst looking of them all.
Don't jump on me too fast cause I love the handling qualitys of the RG and have considered converting my Ultra over to the RG fixed fairing. BUT I just cant get over the looks.
So, how about youartsy type of guys on here starting yourmarbles rolling arround and bounceing off one anotherand come up with some sketches or drawings of a GOOD LOOKING Fairing for the RoadGlide. Maybe even have some kind of contest on here kinda like the Front end of the month, and give away a Tshirt or something.
I'm not saying it has to look spaceage wild like the new Connie but something better than the warped garbage can stuck on the front frontend that'sits got now. And maybe if enough of the big guys see what the RoadGlide COULD look like, maybe they would build a GREAT LOOKING front end for such a Great bike!!

Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My next ride will be a Long Haul only, Winnebago style tour bike. I will always use my shovel around town. My delimma is the same as JBA's. I love the way a RG rides... I just hate the shark nose look. So, I am torn between the look of aEG and the ride of a RG.

To make things even weirder, my shovel is a FLTC... but the fairing has been gone for many years. I really don't see how they would make a better looking fairing. The one they had on the FX in the mid 80's looked just as goofy. I don't think they could get the batwing fairing style to work as a fixed fairing.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:20 AM
kt
Tourer

I think it looks great, I could have had either. I didnt like the single round headlight in a square hole that the bat wings have.

Quick Reply: Better looking RoadGlide fairing contest