Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 street glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:08 AM
TheFozz
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiancé just picked up her '14 SG. She loves the bike and it is obviously much tighter than my '07. Her only issue is with the long pull on the hyd clutch. It's hard on her hand to reach that far and pull to the grip. It's also hard, over time, to smoothly release since the point of engage is so far out. As I understand there are "no adjustments?". We are looking at a possible lever modification. She's a true rider, but just has small hands. Her Sporty and Deuce were fine, just having a minor issue here. Any suggestions out there?

Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFozz
My fiancé just picked up her '14 SG. She loves the bike and it is obviously much tighter than my '07. Her only issue is with the long pull on the hyd clutch. It's hard on her hand to reach that far and pull to the grip. It's also hard, over time, to smoothly release since the point of engage is so far out. As I understand there are "no adjustments?". We are looking at a possible lever modification. She's a true rider, but just has small hands. Her Sporty and Deuce were fine, just having a minor issue here. Any suggestions out there?
yeah try this,, go down and look at a reduced pull clutch and brake blades.. we got some for my wife because she to has small hands and the blades on her slim were to much of a pull for her and with the new blades its much easier for her, not quite as easy as the sportster but way better then stock

Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TeXbones
Thanks to all. I experienced some buffering on top of my helmet while doing the test ride, anyone else have this problem? Has anyone replace the stock windshield for a larger one too? I bought the bike! Silver and I did not get the special.
Yep. I replaced mine with a 10" wind splitter.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Mxpilot
Road Captain
Received 534 Likes on 201 Posts

I did the 7" Windsplitter and it cured the buffeting and allows my wife to hear the stereo.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 PM
dad4
Advanced

Ive had mine for a week, and I have 1000 miles on it.
Everything that is new from last year i am very happy with. BTW is a SGS.
The linked braking system is awesome, the vent in the fairing works as stated. The shocks are better, and I love the hydro clutch. I also love the infotainment cent. The only thing I don't like are the floor boards vs my 10 street glide. They look very cheap in comparison.
I would like taller handle bars......

Old 09-08-2013, 11:37 PM
hanny
Road Captain

If I were you I would consider the SG Special because of the added stuff, security, gps, Bluetooth, abs, and ofr just a bit more you get that stuff

Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
For me the vent help buffeting a lot. But Im short 5-5 is Stretching the truth.
And your feet touch the ground flat footed?

Old 09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFozz
I have the hyd clutch on my CVO softie and its the same thing...friction point at the very end. the upside you don't have to completely compress the lever to shift but i find my hand getting extremely tired in stop and go traffic when your constantly feathering the clutch. 4000 miles and its still the same I don't like it at all i was disappointed that my 14 SGS will have the same setup.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 AM
68beep
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone see the 14 SG in Daytona Blue yet? They just put on the showroom floor here and boy is it pretty. Its a standard for 22K.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
ron1z
Advanced

I bought a 2014 SG in Amber Whiskey and love it. Also received a lot of compliments on it. No complaints here.

Quick Reply: 2014 street glide