Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed for Crankcase Breather Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
What kind of back plate do you have with the SE stage II? And how is it different than stock?
The SE backplate has two breather bolts that vent into the backplate via holes in the side of the bolt. The bolts are visible behind the A/C cover. The stock backplate's breather bolts have tubes attached to the end of the bolts. The A/C cover has to be removed to see them.

Attached Thumbnails Advice Needed for Crankcase Breather Kit-stock.jpg   Advice Needed for Crankcase Breather Kit-stage-ii.jpg  
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Go spend 100 bucks and get a big sucker air cleaner set up. It has the holes built into the intake opening to get rid of the rubber stock tubes that crack and leak over time. No regrets on mine. Hope it works out for ya, stay safe out there.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingee
The SE backplate has two breather bolts that vent into the backplate via holes in the side of the bolt. The bolts are visible behind the A/C cover. The stock backplate's breather bolts have tubes attached to the end of the bolts. The A/C cover has to be removed to see them.
From what Ive been told the AN one is a better design. I have the SE snorkle one and on a new build I have used 4 quarts of oil in 3600 miles. The intake was all wet, I disconnected the breathers and ran the tubes to the ground and my oil consumption has stopped. I am waiting on the AN inverted big sucker to come in Friday. I guess the snorkle one works ok with a stock or slightly built motor as long as you dont go 10.5 or MVA heads.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by my67pnycar
Go spend 100 bucks and get a big sucker air cleaner set up. It has the holes built into the intake opening to get rid of the rubber stock tubes that crack and leak over time. No regrets on mine. Hope it works out for ya, stay safe out there.
Why would I want to spend money on an A/C that is almost identical to the SE Stage I that I already have? There are no rubber tubes on my A/C. The vents are built into the backplate.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:05 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The stage one does have the holes in the plate but they are on top of the opening where the AN one has them on the bottom. Gravity wise more oil will flow from the top holes than the Venturi affect sucking the oil up out of the lower holes.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
Why did you read something about venting back into the throttle body that takes away from performance or something?

My S&S vents back into the TB . no issues.
If your getting heavy oil blow by just reduce her oil quantity to 3/4 full instead of full.
I can assure you that simply reducing the oil level did not correct the excessive blow by on my bike.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
I can assure you that simply reducing the oil level did not correct the excessive blow by on my bike.
Interesting.I'm surprised.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Streetglider63
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a oil catch can on all my 4 wheeled vehicles. I'm sure one could be hooked up to a motorcycle

Old 08-09-2016, 10:05 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetglider63
I use a oil catch can on all my 4 wheeled vehicles. I'm sure one could be hooked up to a motorcycle
I've seen bikes with those before

Quick Reply: Advice Needed for Crankcase Breather Kit