Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Infotainment problem thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 AM
N3WWL
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Infotainment problem thread

I have searched repeatedly for iPhone5 (ios 7.0.3) with Verizon as the carrier to remedy some issues I'm experiencing. I've found some users have been successful with the iPhone 4 and Verizon, and others with AT&T. This is on a 2014 SGS with 6.5 screen.

1. AVC does not function at all (I don't believe this is a phone or carrier conditon, but the lack of functionality in the infotainment software.

2. Unable to sync ANY text messages whatsoever. Unable to use auto text back feature....screen says SMS unable to sync. No text or inbox icon whether moving or not. I do receive an audible that a text is being received though. The phone function is operational...I can see who is calling on the screen and have the ability to accept or decline (no headset being used to answer, therefore I merely decline the call until I am able to safely pull over and call back). The iPhone is connected to the system both via bluetooth and USB, if that really matters. I figured the bluetooth connection is what is being utilized for phone and text and the USB for music playback, but I'm unsure about that.

3. Overall music volume is lower that I believe it should be. I typically use my iPhone 5 for media playback using the USB connector inside the "jukebox". The Iphone's volume is up at maximum. I replaced the stock speakers with the 6.5 inch Boom ones and that gave a bit more bass and treble response and a bit less distortion. There is no difference in volume even when using the FM, AM, or WB functions.

Thanks............

Last edited by N3WWL; 11-11-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Gators12
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACV doesn't work, I understand and update to correct this and the cracking noise on FM radio is in the works. I have AT&T iPhone 5s and tested it last Saturday called a friend "sitting in front of my shed" works fine. Can't get the USB cable to connect just Bluetooth and yes the volume is lower. I remember reading the quality of Bluetooth is lower than USB, not sure why. If you fine out how to connect to USB let me know. Dan

Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have an android Galaxy S4 with verizon.....text messaging works for me and it also generates an auto response text to the sender. I do not use my phone for music....only to see calls..I use a very small USB drive which holds over a 1000 songs...and it is louder then if I use the phone to play music.....

IMHO...when I use my usb to play music in ANY device....it is always louder..

Old 11-18-2013, 08:56 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
have an android Galaxy S4 with verizon.....text messaging works for me and it also generates an auto response text to the sender. I do not use my phone for music....only to see calls..I use a very small USB drive which holds over a 1000 songs...and it is louder then if I use the phone to play music.....

IMHO...when I use my usb to play music in ANY device....it is always louder..
Please tell me what you did to get it to sync with the S4. My Limited with the 6.5 unit won't recognize anything about my S4 but the music files and my carrier is also Verizon.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nchogfan
Please tell me what you did to get it to sync with the S4. My Limited with the 6.5 unit won't recognize anything about my S4 but the music files and my carrier is also Verizon.
hope I remember...of course enable sms messaging on the info system....and if I remember correctly...when I first paired the phone....I had to accept some messages that came up on my phone...like address book etc....think there may have been one with the messaging....but it was fast and painless....not sure why you are having a problem....go into your phone settings...and your about phone...tell me what android version you have..

Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mark, I'll try again when I get home this evening. My phone has version 4.3 and says it is up to date when I search for any new updates.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Swany6mm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nchogfan
Thanks Mark, I'll try again when I get home this evening. My phone has version 4.3 and says it is up to date when I search for any new updates.

4.3 is the latest Android OS from Google on the market right now, so you've got the latest/greatest OS for your phone

Old 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an iPhone 5 with AT&T being the carrier. Everything works great other than no auto return text messages. I've read where apparently iPhone or iPhone w/AT&T (I can't remember if it had to do with carrier or not) is not set up for auto replies. I do wish the auto reply worked so people would see my auto message that lets them know I'm out riding.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
I have an iPhone 5 with AT&T being the carrier. Everything works great other than no auto return text messages. I've read where apparently iPhone or iPhone w/AT&T (I can't remember if it had to do with carrier or not) is not set up for auto replies. I do wish the auto reply worked so people would see my auto message that lets them know I'm out riding.
I've seen many remarks about auto message not working w/iPhones. I have Samsung Galaxy S4 w/VW carrier. I have been able to verify auto message works. The message itself is generated from the 6.5 Infotainment system & can be customized from its' display.

I have found patience seems to be a very important issue using the Infotainment system. To make things work correctly, you MUST wait for the system to fully boot before trying to make changes, etc. Ignition to On or ACC, wait about 2 minutes (seems like 10 when you're waiting), then power on the unit. If its' fully booted, it will accept the OK for the disclaimer immediately, then select NAV & see if it comes up w/o a wait message. If it does, you've given enough time for the full boot-up, if not, start over & wait longer.

The BT initial pairing process includes contact list synching, as previously mentioned. Once a device is paired, it is a PITA to unpair completely & start over (sometimes a proper initial pairing isn't done correctly due to (I think) not waiting for a full system boot before attempting to make the pairing, in which case PITA begins because features don't work right.

Make sure the iPhone is set up correctly before you begin. Give it a try SLOWLY. Good luck. Let us know if this helps.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM
COWBOY1296
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pairing issue

I use a basic flip phone, the LG Exalt. My phone has been paired almost since day one. Today the boom box acted a little strange. I deleted the pairing from both the bike and the phone. Now I can not get it paired again. Hooked up to the usb the battery is charging on the phone but the bike does not recognized the music on the phone. Plug in a flash drive and the music plays fine. I have tried several times to re-pair the phone and or the bike. Neither the phone nor the bike recognize each other. Any thoughts.

Quick Reply: Another Infotainment problem thread