Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide handle bars and riser bushing vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Road Glide handle bars and riser bushing vibration

I have put 5" risers on my RG and reach handlebars. With the Drag Specialties riser bushings I have some major vibration at about 2400 rpm. With the stock riser bushings I have vibration in the handlebars from about 2300 to 2800 rpm. Unfortunately, the vibration is bad enough to numb my fingers and hands.
Has anyone tried any other riser bushings? If so, what's the resulting vibration? I see the claim that Alloy Art Gooden Tight GT-2S are the best vibration damping bushings, but anyone can claim that!!! I don't want to keep trying bushings and paying for them.

Your inputs appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:18 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollon
I have put 5" risers on my RG and reach handlebars. With the Drag Specialties riser bushings I have some major vibration at about 2400 rpm. With the stock riser bushings I have vibration in the handlebars from about 2300 to 2800 rpm. Unfortunately, the vibration is bad enough to numb my fingers and hands.
Has anyone tried any other riser bushings? If so, what's the resulting vibration? I see the claim that Alloy Art Gooden Tight GT-2S are the best vibration damping bushings, but anyone can claim that!!! I don't want to keep trying bushings and paying for them.

Your inputs appreciated!

Thanks!
You can try playing with the torque of the riser bushing bolts, changing the compression of the urethane can change the frequency of the dampening characteristics, you might be able to shift the vibration out of your main cruising range. you might also consider the "vibranators", stupid name but they worked pretty well for me. http://www.vibranator.com/

Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the input. My ride has Throttle by Wire, so the inserts won't work. The torque variation will change the range a bit.
Thanks again for the input.