Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

Response?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM
DocKile
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Response?!?

I submitted a question thru the V&H website several weeks ago... no response. Is that standard business practice for V&H? I know it was only to find out where to get the vent hoses for the VO2.. but still I am (was) a customer.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Vance and Hines are ********, I will never buy another product from them!
I called them a few months ago to order a bracket for a pro pipe that I had and the V&H employee on the other end told me that it wouldn't fit and that I had to buy a new pipe.
I told the guy that the pipe had been on the bike for a couple of years and that it was fine but that the bracket had a crack in it and I wanted to replace it.
He argued with me again and I told him that I'd get it taken care of another way...I had the bracket welded and sold the pipe to a friend for $100 and used another pipe that I had instead.

I have no use for Vance & Hines!

Old 10-27-2015, 09:59 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

I had the same thing happen when I lost a heat shield (weld failed on mount.) Told to buy a new exhaust system. Since then, I've bought a Ti Muzzy system for my sport bike. Still running the VH full system on my Dyna...only now it's missing one of the heat shields. Had V & H slip-ons on my RK too. Guess I won't be buying any more VH products...

Old 11-14-2015, 10:28 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

All above experiences sound par for the course when it comes to V&H. I have a shop and try to steer people away from V&H when possible; their products lack the quality they used to have, and their customer service is some of the worst in the business. I recently had a customer dead set on using one of their black Pro Pipes on his '10 FLHX. Out of the box the rear cylinder heat shield off the head had a huge blemish in the ceramic coating. I called the customer to let him know of the issue and sent him a picture. I told him getting this rectified wold not be a fast process knowing the way V&H views customer service. After a lengthy call with V&H I was told i would have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to build a new heat shield and send it out to me. I asked them to take a heat shield from one of the many systems they had there and to send it asap and they could replace the one on their system when they built it. That was out of the question for them and I was told to wait. I was going to order another system from my distributor and 'Peter/Paul' it but the customer was not that concerned about it and waited two months for the replacement to show up. I was sure to let V&H know that making a customer that just dropped $1000 on their product wait that long was a shitty way to handle this and they would not get my business if I could help it...

Old 01-21-2016, 03:03 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,116 Likes on 2,674 Posts

well I wish I saw this before I bothered sending in some simple questions via their website about a couple options for my upcoming stage 1. It's been days now. Oh well.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:08 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Always better to call them in my experience. They're terrible about answering e- mails.