VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Blubber V-Bobber?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by (Double D)
Here I will save you from having to go to the 1300cc forum. This is venomousSVT's fenderless VROD.

Thats my buddies bike and is actually a really old pic. Here are a few different pics. One of Travis (VenomousSVT) on his bike. Another friends bike here in Charlotte (07dx), and SChamberlins bike. All extremely nice chopped fender lowered looks:

Attached Thumbnails  Blubber V-Bobber?-tavis-on-his-bike.jpg    Blubber V-Bobber?-rodricks-bike.jpg    Blubber V-Bobber?-schamberlins-v.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettcr
Thats my buddies bike and is actually a really old pic. Here are a few different pics. One of Travis (VenomousSVT) on his bike. Another friends bike here in Charlotte (07dx), and SChamberlins bike. All extremely nice chopped fender lowered looks:
Seeing Rods like this make me want to get one. Those are baddass!
You must have clearance problems or air? I have a dropped and stretched ZX10R and I cant go over any speedbumps at all.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Yea... i got air rides. I ride slammed most of the times and don't have any issues. But if something looks like it will cause a problem i will raise her up. Same with all those other bikes. Most of the slammed V's run Arnott air rides, pricey but worth it in quality and ability.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

Originally Posted by Brettcr
Yea... i got air rides. I ride slammed most of the times and don't have any issues. But if something looks like it will cause a problem i will raise her up. Same with all those other bikes. Most of the slammed V's run Arnott air rides, pricey but worth it in quality and ability.
With the group-buy going on this month, we might finally get ours!! Provided our stinkum tax refund gets here in time.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
With the group-buy going on this month, we might finally get ours!! Provided our stinkum tax refund gets here in time.
I went from Stockers to progressives and wow what a difference. I then went progressives to Arnott's. Freaking love it! But i am into the slammed look. Best of luck with getting them! I got mine through the group buy back when they gave the thumb controls free and have never looked back!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

sharp scoot!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
trooper_355
Tourer
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by trooper_355

kinda like that.... i would say though, to truly "bob" it out they shoulda put PC'd struts on it to give it more of the hardtail feel and PC the swing arm gloss black.

Here.... a crappy photoshop edit:

Attached Thumbnails  Blubber V-Bobber?-vrod-bobber-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Brettcr; 02-19-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:31 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

This bobber crap sure is getting stupid. I wonder if half the people on this site even know what a bobber is, or was, for that matter.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
This bobber crap sure is getting stupid. I wonder if half the people on this site even know what a bobber is, or was, for that matter.
I do not agree with it being "stupid"...maybe not executed well, but if you want something different you have to push the "boundaries/rules" that some peeps have in their mind.

I am a newer rider and sometimes do not care what others who have been riding since 500 A.D. say on "what goes." It is someone elses bike and they can choose to do what they want with it, whether I, you or any other person thinks.

Some know, heard of or are learning what a "bobber" is. Not trying to start a p*ssing match either, just a different perspective.

Quick Reply: Blubber V-Bobber?