Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Shortened Thunderheader,14in Risers and Ness Fairing Mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
venturaoutfit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Shortened Thunderheader,14in Risers and Ness Fairing Mount

Okay I just wanted to show y'all how we do it around here thought you guys might enjoy seeing it a little different than everyone else does it. So the Thunderheader is shortened 5 inches and cut and twisted so the head pipes are side by side rather than on top of one another which helps to keep from scraping the ground on sharp corners. The risers are custom fabricated out of aluminum and can be made in any rise we want I use 14 inchers and that brings me to the headlight mount and fairing mount. When you use such big a$$ risers like alot of us do well it looks kinda funny if you mount your headlight and fairing using the stock mounts that come with the Fairing and the headlight bracket that is available from ness. It leaves your risers sticking way the hell up out of the top of your fairing so this brings your fairing and headlight up to match up with whatever size risers you are using. Anyways just thought y'all would enjoy seeing how we do it 'round here.
P.S my fairing is being painted but I'll show a finished product pic of my homies bike to show you how it looks finished.He also has everything I have only he has 11 inch risers and his thunderheader was not twisted cuz his is the older EVO Dyna which mounts differently notice how his is angled up which looks killer as well. Enjoy, Jobo

Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks kick *** Ventura...that thunderheader look really good. Who did the work on the pipe?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
billylewis
Novice

Hey Sick, what length risers you have on your bike. I am putting on a set of Santee T-Bars with 10" risers tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by billylewis
Hey Sick, what length risers you have on your bike. I am putting on a set of Santee T-Bars with 10" risers tomorrow.

I have 9" risers with pull back.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
RoadShark
Road Captain

That Thunderheader is LEGIT..........they should pay attention at the factory.

Nice post full of great ideas, awesome pix

Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
venturaoutfit
Tourer

Hey sickwihtit a dude named Ed Perry up in Carp did it he works on alot of our bikes he also made the risers and fairing/headlight mount as well. Oh and as for my risers they are 14 inchers.

The following users liked this post:
iqbaliqbal (08-03-2020)
Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 PM
venturaoutfit
Tourer

By the way that piece of flat iron bolted to my risers is the fairing mount incase you didn't notice it being there.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by venturaoutfit
Hey sickwihtit a dude named Ed Perry up in Carp did it he works on alot of our bikes he also made the risers and fairing/headlight mount as well. Oh and as for my risers they are 14 inchers.

That's cool.. now I kind of wish I had gotten a thunderheader instead of a pro pipe.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,510 Likes on 803 Posts

If that's what a Thunderheader looked like from the factory I'd already own one.

Crazy

Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 PM
venturaoutfit
Tourer

Get u a used one and he can fix it up for ya sickwithit shoot I bought mine cut in half on ebay for $150 and he just pimped it out. He is so good that he can use ANY Thunderheader even one from a Softtail and make it work on a Dyna I mean he cuts the hell out of it anyways. Keep ur eye out for a cheapo and plan on spending another $200-$250 to have it twisted and shortened but man the sound is so killer even BETTER than the OG Thunderheader sound! Sounds like hell on wheels! Oh yeah and it runs better too. And if you got a BIG 100"+ motor he can do a 2" headpipe too for more flow.

Quick Reply: Custom Shortened Thunderheader,14in Risers and Ness Fairing Mount