Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RX Riding Glasses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RX Riding Glasses?

Anyone have em? I have RX safety glasses that I use at work, that work at night. I THINK I can get ones with tinted lenses but was wondering if you guys knew of any other options I should check into. I have a rather strong RX so it kinda rules out alot of options for me. I've also contemplated sucking it up and trying for contacts again. Gotta get over that whole sticking my finger in my eye thing tho.

Any help?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:28 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my prescription put in a pair of Wiley Xs. works well for me.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Newhawk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you eyesight is as bad as mine, none of the wrap around riding glasses will accept your Rx. I had to go to mountain climbing frames for my prescription.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
RedBen
Cruiser

Not quite as "cool" an option, but certainly much cheaper is to wear something over your glasses. I went to the local dealership and picked up something that looks similar to ski goggles, but not quite as big. They work well over my glasses and actually keep the wind out better than the Wiley X's I used to wear when I wore contacts.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
turczytj
Cruiser

or just wear a ff helmut. just kidding...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior

I was told by my own optometrist, that I could'nt wear wrap arounds because of my prescription. So I took a chance and ordered some Wiley x's from Sport - x .com, with dark lenses for day and yellow lenses for night. I find that they work quite well for highway riding, and nightime riding. Can,t use the whole lens [top or sides]. but I simply turn my head to compensate. They work good enough for me, and I am glad I bought them.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Phatts
Cruiser

Man I knew I had seen something in one of my mags on rx glasses. So I went through them and found it. It is Helly Bikereyes (www.bikereyes.us). They are based out of Germany but it says Custom Chrome(www.customchrome.com) is a dealer in the USA for their glasses. Hope this helps and let me know if you go with them. Thought about getting myself a pair.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Originally Posted by Phatts
Man I knew I had seen something in one of my mags on rx glasses. So I went through them and found it. It is Helly Bikereyes (www.bikereyes.us). They are based out of Germany but it says Custom Chrome(www.customchrome.com) is a dealer in the USA for their glasses. Hope this helps and let me know if you go with them. Thought about getting myself a pair.
Those are awesome man! So many options and plenty of play with the RX. Thanks alot guys.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM
50ronnie
Advanced

I found a place www.eyelenses4u.com that they use Panoptx, which is a major player in prescription motorcycle goggles. I told Brad my prescription. I am way nearsighted, have a slight astigmatism, and need bifocals for reading maps. I also chose transitional lenses that darken in the sun so I wouldn't have to stop and change lenses or goggles for day and night driving.

They work great and I'm not exchanging glasses at every stop I make going in and out of buildings.

Quick Reply: RX Riding Glasses?