Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 Brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 Brake

I was curious how many people here were running the 360 brake. I know the company has sold off it's remaining inventory and has stopped producing the product due to financial reasons. They claim they are still meeting replacement part orders. I was curious for those who are running it if you've had any problems finding replace break pads and such. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Its a shame their having problems, I considered getting a pair to put in a new set of wheels for my bike until I saw the price tag.
Just didn't think I wanted to have to try to justify almost $2000 worth of new brake's, wheels, and tires at each end of the bike to the wife.
She's gone along with all of my 'mod's', so far, but that much money with so little to show for it would defiantly put me in some very deep hot water.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Financial reasons? at $1K per drum you bet they were in a tight alley. I was flirting with the idea of both front and rear.

Digged a little bit, a former member of the forum came with reports of units over-heating and leaking... Then the company came up with a newer improved model (BIGGER) bye-bye stiffy. Look into perimetral brake rotors (like the Buell's) they show off the wheels and bite like a mastiff on roids.

I've seen them on wheels for our bikes but can't find the damn pic...

Mimo.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Yeah, I knew they were expensive, but I was going to probably go with one on the front to clean it up. However, with the problems and uncertainty of replacement parts, I guess I'll go without.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Mimo,
Have you ever tried to ride one of those Buell's?
The brakes (front one anyway) on them are almost scary they work so well.
Granted the bike's lighter, has better suspension (more road race like anyway), and stickier tires, but try riding one and at low speeds you'll feel like it wants to toss your sorry butt over the handlebars if you try to treat them like you do a bigger heavier Softail.
But get the bike up over 30 or 40mph and its another world, they just flat out work.
I tried an 1125S at a demo ride day a year or so ago and was VERY impressed, scared the crap out of myself with the speeds it would go without any effort at all, but VERY impressed with the handling and effectiveness of the brakes.
Funny part is the rear brake on most of those crotch rocket bikes are almost a joke. Their so small they look like they were taken off a 5 year old kids mini bike or something.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

On a fast bike you always have very week rear brakes because you never want them to lock up on you. When you see the rear passing the front than you might think you may have a problem. A rear brake is only to keep the rear behind you and to steer the bike.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at wheels and saw perimeter brakes at this site: http://www.hdwheels.com

Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RedBen
I was looking at wheels and saw perimeter brakes at this site: http://www.hdwheels.com
Duhhh! silly me, almost impossible to remember right? (hdwheels.com)

There you go, that is what I was talking about.

Mimo.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:41 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Frank I never ridden a Buell, but a very good friend of mine (moto-holic) has two buells, he is very happy with the performance of the bikes at high speeds (no kidding, this guy has a crazy wrist) and the performance of the brakes too, he went from 3 harleys to 2 BMW's and now he is on the Buells, he likes to try almost every bike out there. One thing he is very unhappy with is the engine of both buell's at low rpms he is not sure if it is the lack of expertise of the local dealer or that is the "normal" coughing of those engines, have you heard anything about that Frank?

Mimo.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:57 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Haha, not sure how this got to talking about 360 brakes to Buells. Gotta love the forums

Quick Reply: 360 Brake