Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light

Originally Posted by _Flea_
Not much, man. Same ****, different day.

How are things goin' with you?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 PM
americanthunder
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Monstermile:
Thanks for the update. So it is completely plug n play huh???
Yes it is completly plug and play.

Looking at the top it looks like the assembly extends out past the trim ring. Is that right? Yes about 1/4" past the stock trim ring

If so what is the finish of the exposed part???
It is the plastic lens with a slight smoke to it.

Wondering if the extended trim rings will work with it.
Yes if I keep the light to run it permantly I will buy a trim ring for it. I would say it is a must otherwise it looks a little out of place.

Well here are the night pictures. I have to say the leds are a lot brighter than I had orignally thought. The low beam is a little worse than the standard harley head light but the bright is un real. I would give the light a 8.5 on performance out of 10. The comparison is between a dual beam harley light with the provided bulbs and the LED headlight. Above each picture I will explain exactly what the picture is of. They were all taken with out a flash. The LED light works perfect with passing lamps. The passing lamps fill the gap in front of the bike and where the passing lamps stop the LED takes over. I am a little undecided because when I complete my custom build I will no longer have passing lamps. I have no ridden with it yet but will review after the first ride. Anyone in Wisconsin near Milwaukee is more than welcome to contact me to view the light first hand.

Stock High beam:

Stock Low Beam with passing lamps:

Stock Low beam without passing lamps:

LED with passing lamps:

LED on the bottom, Stock with out passing lamps on the top, both low beam:

Led high beam bottom, stock high beam top:

Side by side low beam with out passing lamps head on:

Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Soooo have you taken it out for a ride yet at night????? From the pics it looks like the LED has a nice light spread. Still concerned with the distance though.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
americanthunder
Banned

I can tell you distance will not be a problem by any means. It is weird where the stock headlight is focused down the road the led produces a perfect square. Its kind of trippy. I don't have saddle bags side covers or a read fender. I sent them away to have it customized so I wont be able to ride with it for a week. Like I said I give it a 8.5 out of 10. It is a super bright light coming at you, head on I think I will get a lot or people flashing their brights at me, even with the low beam. Monstermile you see that you are very interested in this product. PM me with some detail. Since the bike is down I would be willing to send it to you for another persons review with someone that can ride. You are a trust worthy member and it benefits the rest of the forum to have another persons review. PM me if you are interested.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be watching this as well. I think they'd be great if they perform as described. I've got all the LED turns, tail light, flasher brake, etc., and I love em. They have been bulletproof so far. I saw a thread earlier for the passing lamps going LED from BadASS, so this would complete the entire setup in LED. Group buy for both (passing and headlight) might be a good thing....

Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, hey MonsterMile, I saw your thread on the passing lamp LEDs, and I saw you already ordered the Headlight. Are you planning on adding the passing lamps to match later? If so I'd love to hear the results of the combo... I think this is a great aftermarket accessory as well, and anything that can help be seen, and see is a great add-on. Thanks.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ming-soon.html
For those that want the info on the passing lamps as well.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
JasonK
5th Gear

OSRAM/Sylvania is tooling up to put out LED automotive headlamps for 2010. This could significantly affect cost.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
LUBA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:19 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another bump - anyone have an update?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be interested in a long term report as well.

Quick Reply: LED headlamp