2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Crying a River

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,509 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Lyon
I bought my new 2018 FLFBS from Lone Wolf out of Spokane Wa. on Dec 1st 2018. They were FANTASTIC to buy from!!!!! On Dec. 17th I noticed a gas leak dripping between the back tire and the belt guard while it idled. I called the dealership that I bought my 2018 FLFBS from to figure out what to do. They told me the new FB has had some fuel pump regulator valve issues. They then told me they have experience with this issue and to have my local dealership call them to consult. My local dealership picked-up the FB on Dec 18th to fix my issue. When I spoke to the service manager of my local HD I made it very clear that Lone Wolf would very much like to be a part of this problem. The service manager of my local HD took down all the info and she said they would take care of this problem. The tech cleaned out the overflow valve and called it good. I got the bike back on Dec 27th, and then had to have them pick the bike up again on Dec 28th because it still leaked. Between the holidays and mother HD returning my local tech's request for guidance I now have to wait 2 more weeks for a fuel pump to be ordered, received, and installed. Oh yeah, and my purchase HD dealership has never been called to be consulted. I haven't even made my first monthly payment and HD has had the bike twice as many days as I have.
FRUSTRATED AS HELL!!!!!
Be careful, unless the finance company is deferring your payments based on some arrangement, you are still responsible for paying for your bike. If you don't, you'll end up with a ding on your credit report...

Old 01-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Lonnie Lyon
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Be careful, unless the finance company is deferring your payments based on some arrangement, you are still responsible for paying for your bike. If you don't, you'll end up with a ding on your credit report...
Thanks for the heads up!! I know how air tight those purchase agreements are, and I don't want to do anything to risk my ownership. I want attitudes and services in line with efforts that I feel warrants trust of the dealer....

Old 01-15-2019, 08:00 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,349 Likes on 2,200 Posts

I have a massive problem with all my bikes for years on end... The more I ride, the more air I get in my gas tank. Is there a cure? BadCooky, help me out!!!! LOL...

Old 01-16-2019, 05:03 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

Harley really need to work on that one. All of mine have had the same problem.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:24 AM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Is this unique to this model? Or to all the M8-based Softails?

Old 01-18-2019, 08:35 AM
ScottieP
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ88V
Is this unique to this model? Or to all the M8-based Softails?
From reading on this forum I'd say it is a fairly common problem.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:37 AM
ScottieP
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...across the soft tail line that is. Also the tank filling with air, lol.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:51 PM
username already exists
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Lyon
...I haven't even made my first monthly payment and HD has had the bike twice as many days as I have.
FRUSTRATED AS HELL!!!!!
I understand your grief. When I bought mine on June 12 (money changed hands!, Tags & insurance bought.) I left it at the dealer's to have several pieces of furniture changed. Parts I had already paid for as part of the deal. I wasn't in a hurry. Wasn't planning to use it until June 30. I finally called and told them I was coming and just went and brought it home. Without the paid for parts! That was around Aug. 1st. Had to ASK for them to refund my money for the stuff.

Dealerships, despite the franchise-looking appearance, are independent businesses. Some are really good. Some, not so much.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:57 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

There is no way I would have left my new bike in the shop that long waiting for add on parts. I would have taken it, and had them call me when the parts came in. You can't blame that on the bike or the dealership, you could have picked it up whenever you wanted (unless I am missing something).

Old 01-29-2019, 09:38 AM
username already exists
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrooney
There is no way I would have left my new bike in the shop that long waiting for add on parts. I would have taken it, and had them call me when the parts came in. You can't blame that on the bike or the dealership, you could have picked it up whenever you wanted (unless I am missing something).
I left it there simply because I was involved in a 16hr. / day project at the time. I stopped in and bought it on the way back from a supply run. I left it because they told me it would be "a week or so" and it was more convenient for me to leave it than run back and forth when the parts arrived! I think I mentioned that I had no plans to use it for 2 1/2 wks. after I took possession - in name at least. I left it for THEIR convenience, so they could do the work when the parts arrived and not have to wait around for me. Even after it was all over, they never even bothered to offer some reason for their failure. Sure, I could have taken it home at any time from June 12 until I finally did. Which IS what I did when it became obvious they didn't GAF about customers.

No. It definitely was on them! I'm not angry with them. I simply wont go back, except possibly for FREE warranty service!

There is another MUCH FRIENDLIER and customer oriented dealership a little farther away. I'll go there for parts and work I can't handle myself. I already have.

Quick Reply: Crying a River