2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Crying a River

Old 01-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Lonnie Lyon
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crying a River

I bought my new 2018 FLFBS from Lone Wolf out of Spokane Wa. on Dec 1st 2018. They were FANTASTIC to buy from!!!!! On Dec. 17th I noticed a gas leak dripping between the back tire and the belt guard while it idled. I called the dealership that I bought my 2018 FLFBS from to figure out what to do. They told me the new FB has had some fuel pump regulator valve issues. They then told me they have experience with this issue and to have my local dealership call them to consult. My local dealership picked-up the FB on Dec 18th to fix my issue. When I spoke to the service manager of my local HD I made it very clear that Lone Wolf would very much like to be a part of this problem. The service manager of my local HD took down all the info and she said they would take care of this problem. The tech cleaned out the overflow valve and called it good. I got the bike back on Dec 27th, and then had to have them pick the bike up again on Dec 28th because it still leaked. Between the holidays and mother HD returning my local tech's request for guidance I now have to wait 2 more weeks for a fuel pump to be ordered, received, and installed. Oh yeah, and my purchase HD dealership has never been called to be consulted. I haven't even made my first monthly payment and HD has had the bike twice as many days as I have.
FRUSTRATED AS HELL!!!!!

Old 01-06-2019, 06:25 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

It's not an uncommon issue. My 18 Heritage leaked from the vent tube. I took it in and I wanted them to replace the vapor valve a $10.00 part and 5 minutes to install. The service writer said no way is it the valve, he said all he had to do was turn the regulator 180* and it would fix it, he had done it before. Well it did not fix it and he then wanted to replace the pump, I said no I was going to try the valve first and it fixed it. I guess I was lucky cause I have read where some have had to replace the pump. The valve did not fix it.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 AM
Atitagain
Cruiser

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

I did a 156 mile ride last Saturday on my 2019 Heritage that I purchased on 9/8/18. When I pulled into the garage and shut the bike down the gas cap started to whistle. I loosened the cap and the noise stopped. When I re-installed the cap, the whistling started again. Long story short, had to repeat the process four times before it stopped. My dealer replaced the gas cap after checking the fuel and vent lines for kinks and didn't find any. I've had 38 days of riding available to me since 9/8/18, the rest of the time the bike has been at the dealer for speedo problems, wheel problems, a flat tire, and now this gas cap thing. I'm not frustrated, I'm pissed off.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

Sorry you are having these issues. I got my 18 about that same time and the vapor valve is the only issue I have had.

The following users liked this post:
Atitagain (01-06-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 02:06 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Lyon
The 2017 Fat Boy 114 issue, turns out has bad rings and valve seals. This came about with only 800 miles. The 114 engine rings are apparently very thin causing this issue, pretty wide spread from what I found out as well.

Did mother HD fix this apparent issue in the 2018s??

I just got a 2018 Fat Boy S.....Should I worry?
Care to explain this BS mate ?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:26 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
Care to explain this BS mate ?
He has the years wrong??? probably meant 2018 & if they fixed it on the 19`S, Many heritage softails at a couple dealers near me with problems - the engines are good but its everything else, electrical, fuel cap, fuel system issues & many are starting to find out the new saddlebag design more than sucks. long time Cookie - all ok?

Old 01-14-2019, 12:27 PM
ScottieP
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel pump regulator 180....

Originally Posted by sandrooney
It's not an uncommon issue. My 18 Heritage leaked from the vent tube. I took it in and I wanted them to replace the vapor valve a $10.00 part and 5 minutes to install. The service writer said no way is it the valve, he said all he had to do was turn the regulator 180* and it would fix it, he had done it before. Well it did not fix it and he then wanted to replace the pump, I said no I was going to try the valve first and it fixed it. I guess I was lucky cause I have read where some have had to replace the pump. The valve did not fix it.
The 180 rotation and adjustment of the nozzle on the fuel pump regulator did the job on my Sport Glide for fuel leaking from the vent tube. Only commenting to help other newbs like myself to find information on this problem. Sorry for your troubles getting your bike fixed.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Lonnie Lyon
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ScottieP
The 180 rotation and adjustment of the nozzle on the fuel pump regulator did the job on my Sport Glide for fuel leaking from the vent tube. Only commenting to help other newbs like myself to find information on this problem. Sorry for your troubles getting your bike fixed.
Yeah I tried to get the dealer to talk to the dealer of my purchase because that's exactly what they said they have done in the past. Would this have fixed my issue, IDK, but they haven't called yet so we will never know.
Thanks for your input, it always helps to not feel alone.....

Old 01-14-2019, 01:04 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Lyon
Yeah I tried to get the dealer to talk to the dealer of my purchase because that's exactly what they said they have done in the past. Would this have fixed my issue, IDK, but they haven't called yet so we will never know.
Thanks for your input, it always helps to not feel alone.....

Why not say what "dealer" you are dealing with?

Old 01-14-2019, 01:10 PM
Lonnie Lyon
6th Gear

Cascade Harley, in Burlington WA.

The following users liked this post:
perki48 (01-14-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crying a River