Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

? about air ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 11:57 AM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ? about air ride

If I just put air ride on the rear of bike, would I have to drop the front forks any? Like when someone changes from stock shocks to shorter shocks and they end up having to drop the front like a inch

Old 08-16-2018, 02:39 AM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Depends on what your riding height is. Keep your bike level is most optimum. Front- and back-height should be in level. Set your rear height with air suspension as you would do to ride and let someone sit on it. Look what the riding level is, and how horizontal the bottom bars of the frame are. This will indicate if some adjustments are required front or back.
Further, you do need to look at your side stand though. If you lower your bike while parked, the OEM length of the side stand will leave your bike too straight up. When the street or pavement is a bit inclined, your bike will easily fall over if parked with the side stand towards the inclining side.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Air

Originally Posted by TomCop
Depends on what your riding height is. Keep your bike level is most optimum. Front- and back-height should be in level. Set your rear height with air suspension as you would do to ride and let someone sit on it. Look what the riding level is, and how horizontal the bottom bars of the frame are. This will indicate if some adjustments are required front or back.
Further, you do need to look at your side stand though. If you lower your bike while parked, the OEM length of the side stand will leave your bike too straight up. When the street or pavement is a bit inclined, your bike will easily fall over if parked with the side stand towards the inclining side.
Thank You for the info, If I decide to get air suspension I will air it up so it would be level riding. Just looking for a rear suspension either air or new shocks so I can be flat footed. Burly makes a slammer kit, but the rear shocks are 10.5" and I think that is too low for my street glide. Slammer kit $305 vs JNR Designed air suspension that I choose is $349. JNR is about the only air suspension that is within my budget because you can pick and choose from a basic package to over $1000 package. You have any suggestion on other people that sale air suspension besides JNR Designed and Legend. I really don't want to do a DIY kit even though it's like $250.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:35 PM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

I can only give info on the air shocks that are installed on my ride. Rear is Shot Gun Shock
( http://www.shotgunshock.com/index.html#&panel1-2 ) front is a modulated Dirty Air kit.
All depends what you want, with the Shot Gun Shocks you can adjust the rebound and the stiffness. Not only the height. This makes the ride so much more comfortable. If your cruising you can set on soft so it's really gliding, want to do some turns => make it stiffer and increase your control.