Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker ring HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 94 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Speaker ring HELP

Has anyone put the Eastern Performance 6.5 adapter rings in a Road Glide? I have a 2011 RG Custom and for the life of me can't get the adapter rings to line up in a way that makes sense with the stock mount that attaches to the faring. Is there a modification that needs to be done? I've spoken with their customer help line and they just say that they will fit. HELP.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Has anyone put the Eastern Performance 6.5 adapter rings in a Road Glide? I have a 2011 RG Custom and for the life of me can't get the adapter rings to line up in a way that makes sense with the stock mount that attaches to the faring. Is there a modification that needs to be done? I've spoken with their customer help line and they just say that they will fit. HELP.
I've not gotten any rings from that vendor Mike . . . Can you post some pics of the rings and the inner fairing? They should fit but all adapter rings are not equal. I've ran into to some that were not even close.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

Yes, I can do that in just a minute. I bought them from the link you provided in one of the PM's if that helps any ahead of the picture.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

Here are three. The first is the ring alone. The second is the right side facing the bike with nothing installed. The third is the closest I've been able to come but the ring is hitting the lower post that is used to attach the factory plate.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

Additionally, I've spoken to them twice with obviously no resolution. They even tried to tell me the flared part of the ring should be pointing up. If I did that there is no way the outer fairing would ever go back on.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes, I can do that in just a minute. I bought them from the link you provided in one of the PM's if that helps any ahead of the picture.
Yes. . Those should fit like a glove. I've installed those on at least 10 bikes but in the interest of full disclosure come to think of it they were all batwing fairings. But if I remember correctly a couple of my friends also used the same rings in their roadies. I'll give them a call tonight and **** them off in the middle of Thursday night football. . lol

Old 12-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes. . Those should fit like a glove. I've installed those on at least 10 bikes but in the interest of full disclosure come to think of it they were all batwing fairings. But if I remember correctly a couple of my friends also used the same rings in their roadies. I'll give them a call tonight and **** them off in the middle of Thursday night football. . lol
Come on, it's the Bears. That game will likely be over before the end of the 1st....and that's coming from a Chicago fan.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Additionally, I've spoken to them twice with obviously no resolution. They even tried to tell me the flared part of the ring should be pointing up. If I did that there is no way the outer fairing would ever go back on.
Ok . . I just spoke with one of my Road Glide guys who has those same rings and he told me they fit as well. He said the cone is facing outboard just like you have it in the pic. . . Have you tried switching sides? What part of the ring is not fitting?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

Back on topic...the closest thing to correct I can come up with is the flare facing outboard like in the third picture but the ring is hitting the post that is seen as the lower right corner in the second photo.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

It's that it won't secure flat and tight to the factory plate. What would be the 9:00 hole in the middle of the flare as seen in the 3rd pic won't sit flat. It is hitting the post. I could try and cut down that post a little so that it sits flush.

Quick Reply: Speaker ring HELP