Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto volume problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:52 PM
D.L.ANDER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto volume problem

Installed chrome lowers last weekend.I did remove the fairing and the ignition switch but changed no wiring . All went well but now my auto volume control is working in reverse. Higher rpm's and the volume on radio goes down. Also i think the volume control on the left grip has reversed. I have an aftermarket stereo and biketronics adapter. Anyone have any thoughts on the cause.
Thanks

Old 12-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Biketronics Inc
Former Sponsor
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

This type problem can usually be traced to some sort of ground or power issue. Usually when the radio ground wire gets disturbed. If you want to give me a call 9-5 pacific time we can figure it out. Or if you would like PM me your number and a good time to call during our biz hours and I will contact you to get this fixed.

Bill

Old 12-09-2014, 07:42 AM
D.L.ANDER
Advanced

Another great reason to buy from biketronics.great service.i will call when i can get to the bike.thank you and bt4180 amp is next on my christmas list

Old 12-10-2014, 08:12 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by D.L.ANDER
Installed chrome lowers last weekend.I did remove the fairing and the ignition switch but changed no wiring . All went well but now my auto volume control is working in reverse. Higher rpm's and the volume on radio goes down. Also i think the volume control on the left grip has reversed. I have an aftermarket stereo and biketronics adapter. Anyone have any thoughts on the cause.
Thanks
if you brought your battery voltage down too low while working on your bike it could have sent the BT module into a frenzy. Simply unplug it for a couple of minutes and plug it back in.

You don't mention what bike, what BT module, or what radio. If there are selector switches in play here for your particular head unit, sure you didn't accidentally bump something?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
D.L.ANDER
Advanced

Thanks for the help. I will not get back to bike till this weekend but will check both items. I believe i grounded system near the forks so will check that first. 2012 SG,sony head unit, soundstream amp. Bt7.1in fairing.6.5 Hertz in lowers and 6x9 pioneer in bags with seperate amp.