Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics speaker installation setback

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 04:10 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Biketronics speaker installation setback

Doing an audio project on my 15 RGS came across an install setback. I was trying to install the new speakers from Biketronics Titan II 's or BT465 speakers they recommend to remove the factory speaker enclosure, however. No instructions are provided as to how to properly remove and sealed the enclosures. I have the installation manual from Biketroncis but no detail instructions as to how to get that accomplished. Tried to install the speakers without removing the enclosure but I just can't get it done, I can't aligned the speakers correctly and it's frustrating as HELL! I have to admit that I rather pay someone to get things done because I don't have the best patience, but how can these enclosures be removed? Any youtube videos, detail instructions, etc? I also need a good sealant recommendation to re-seal the speakers once I get them installed...

I'm disapointed at the Biketronics manual, it should provide better details and it doesn't

Old 02-21-2016, 04:18 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter
Doing an audio project on my 15 RGS came across an install setback. I was trying to install the new speakers from Biketronics Titan II 's or BT465 speakers they recommend to remove the factory speaker enclosure, however. No instructions are provided as to how to properly remove and sealed the enclosures. I have the installation manual from Biketroncis but no detail instructions as to how to get that accomplished. Tried to install the speakers without removing the enclosure but I just can't get it done, I can't aligned the speakers correctly and it's frustrating as HELL! I have to admit that I rather pay someone to get things done because I don't have the best patience, but how can these enclosures be removed? Any youtube videos, detail instructions, etc? I also need a good sealant recommendation to re-seal the speakers once I get them installed...

I'm disapointed at the Biketronics manual, it should provide better details and it doesn't
You don't have to remove the pods. You bead the outside of the pod with silicone in their place.

You can install the speaker from the grill side. The instructions have pictures how the mount plate goes. Writing up, knotched screw hole to the bottom outter side. I thought those were pretty good instructions and easy to follow.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:26 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by haze324
You don't have to remove the pods. You bead the outside of the pod with silicone in their place.

You can install the speaker from the grill side. The instructions have pictures how the mount plate goes. Writing up, knotched screw hole to the bottom outter side. I thought those were pretty good instructions and easy to follow.
Maybe you had an easier time but I haven't that's why I decided to get some help. The ring adapters, etc were installed with no problem the issue is aligning the speaker to the ring included, the speaker has a bigger magnet, therefore you have to wiggle the speaker into the enclosure box not a biggie, now is aligning the speaker holes with the holes to the wiring ring adapte it just doesn't sit right. I tried to move the speaker in circular motion once the speaker seated on the enclosure but I can't seem to aligned the speakers to the ring adapter something just isn't right

Old 02-21-2016, 04:33 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Put the adaptor to the back of the speaker aligned The same way it shows in the picture with the writing up. Then slide the inner side in place then the outter side. Line the holes up (should be close) and screw it in.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Shadowbennie
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just did the install in my RG on Friday night. If you line up the holes on the speaker to the adapter per the instructions, they do work, but is a bit of a PIA to get them lined up right. Also, the magnet does end up hitting the inside of the pod a little, so the speaker doesn't sit perfectly flush on the adapters, but I just lined up the holes the best I could & let the screws pull the speaker tight to the adapter.

As for sealing the pods, you can remove the outer half by taking out all of the small torx screws, leaving the inner half attached to the bike. Then just run the bead in the channel of the pod half still attached to the bike. I just used clear silicone II since it has a faster cure time than most other brands

I had more trouble with the amp & mounting plate than anything. Harley stuffed 10lbs of **** into a 3 lb bag on these bikes!

Stick with it brother, it's totally worth it! It sounds awesome!

Last edited by Shadowbennie; 02-21-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:13 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts
Default Biketronics speaker installation setback

Originally Posted by chgofirefighter

Don't get to frustrated if you need a hand I am in the Chicago/ South suburbs area. Just let me know.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:24 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Look at the pictures really good, the diagrams are there and should get the speakers located in the right spot.

They should sit perfectly flush, if not check the screws on the adapter rings and make sure they are all in the ring all the way, might have to grind them out a little.

Then drop the speakers in bottom inside corner first, then upper. May have to pull up in the inner fairing a little as there's a tab that catches.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:20 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Don't get to frustrated if you need a hand I am in the Chicago/ South suburbs area. Just let me know.
Yes, indeed brother. I will pm you. I think I installed the rings first on the speaker enclosure, then followed up by trying to install the speaker and trying to aligned the speaker which was a pain in the ****. I will pm you, not an audio guru...

Old 02-21-2016, 08:50 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Here are a few pics, as you can see the stock speakers are JUNKS! So much for an "upgraded" speaker and sound system and this is what you pay for a crappy chinese made $1.00 speaker if that, smh!

I installed the speaker ring in the speaker enclosure, now I can't seem to aligned the speaker to the ring plus it has been a pain in the ***...

Attached Thumbnails Biketronics speaker installation setback-rgs-audio-1.jpg   Biketronics speaker installation setback-rgs-speaker-rings.jpg   Biketronics speaker installation setback-rgs-speaker-rings2.jpg   Biketronics speaker installation setback-rgs-speakers-comparison.jpg   Biketronics speaker installation setback-rgs-speakers2.jpg  

Old 02-21-2016, 11:06 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Man it looks like you need to rotate those rings 1 hole to the inboard. The Biketronics should be at the top and the Clutch/Brake should be between the clips. Could be causing the alignment issue.

Quick Reply: Biketronics speaker installation setback