Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Vid Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Yes there is anArc PSM

Old 02-10-2018, 05:50 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

SSpeedemonSS,

Thank you. Not too bad for my first go at bike audio. Definitely not done. BT brackets are in in this video but it needs dynamat and some crossover adjustment. I’m going to try that this weekend. Already looking to change out amp and speakers. Lowers next. Probably lids, too.
Hertz Mille MPX 165.3 Pro(blown/caught fire)
Garrett What to the hertz? Caught fire? First time I have heard of these having any problems.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 02-10-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:13 AM
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
SSpeedemonSS,

Garrett What to the hertz? Caught fire? First time I have heard of these having any problems.
Yup. One blew the woofer while on a ride. Turned off the radio until I got back. Checked everything to make sure all was good and it was the one speaker. Took it out and ran just one. The next day it blew. Shut amp off. Pulled front fairing and checked everything again. Still at 24.5 volts. Hooked up wire to speaker and within seconds amp shut of and speaker was smoking and there was an actual little flame on the inside of the speaker. So glad the amp went to safe mode and didn’t keep sending power to the speaker. Could have burned the bike down. I emailed Hertz and the US distributor. I need to call and see if there is any chance they’ll repair/replace them. Not going to put them back in though. Back to stock speakers at 10v from the D4.60.

Garrett

Old 02-12-2018, 06:39 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS

Yup. One blew the woofer while on a ride. Turned off the radio until I got back. Checked everything to make sure all was good and it was the one speaker. Took it out and ran just one. The next day it blew. Shut amp off. Pulled front fairing and checked everything again. Still at 24.5 volts. Hooked up wire to speaker and within seconds amp shut of and speaker was smoking and there was an actual little flame on the inside of the speaker. So glad the amp went to safe mode and didn’t keep sending power to the speaker. Could have burned the bike down. I emailed Hertz and the US distributor. I need to call and see if there is any chance they’ll repair/replace them. Not going to put them back in though. Back to stock speakers at 10v from the D4.60.

Garrett
WOW!!!! I have never heard that before from any hertz speakers. Do you have bt speaker brackets? The reason I ask is my mpx 165's just touch the grills so I'm waiting for the brackets to get here. Sorry to hear that man.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:22 PM
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
WOW!!!! I have never heard that before from any hertz speakers. Do you have bt speaker brackets? The reason I ask is my mpx 165's just touch the grills so I'm waiting for the brackets to get here. Sorry to hear that man.
Yup, BT speaker brackets for me. I wouldn't do it any other way. The speakers hit the stock grills with the pods. I pulled the grills when I first installed them with the pods to try to get the system dialed in. Grills are back in and all is good with the brackets. Now I just need to decide which speakers to go with.

Garrett

Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS
Yup, BT speaker brackets for me. I wouldn't do it any other way. The speakers hit the stock grills with the pods. I pulled the grills when I first installed them with the pods to try to get the system dialed in. Grills are back in and all is good with the brackets. Now I just need to decide which speakers to go with.

Garrett
well if mine go out I will get a set of db Motos from spork on Facebook. He has a great price and from what I hear they sound amazing.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PatM
Ok got everything installed and still needs some tuning but pretty happy with it so far. Just a small clip from today
Stock HU
Focal Amp
SD 250 amp
DD B3 horns
PRV 6.5 fairing and lowers
Prv Forte 8s in bags.
https://youtu.be/AYd12_y3Law
Wow...Pat M that thing kicks some SERIOUS AZZ...nice job! Hope you make it to the MM&G in June, I'd like to hear that in person!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:55 AM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Wow...Pat M that thing kicks some SERIOUS AZZ...nice job! Hope you make it to the MM&G in June, I'd like to hear that in person!

I’ll be there

Old 03-04-2018, 12:25 AM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PatM
Ok got everything installed and still needs some tuning but pretty happy with it so far. Just a small clip from today
Stock HU
Focal Amp
SD 250 amp
DD B3 horns
PRV 6.5 fairing and lowers
Prv Forte 8s in bags.
https://youtu.be/AYd12_y3Law

That thing sounds 100% dope

Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Here's a little 4 speaker system I helped a buddy with the other day with all drop in speakers.

Stock 6.5 HU
Bt355 line leveler
4 PRV 6MB250NDY
1 Set of DD T2 tweeters (in fairing behind stock grills)
1 Set TXO crossovers
1 Diamond 4v2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm9dumksps...51346.mp4?dl=0

Quick Reply: The Vid Thread