Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:31 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Amp Help

Picked up some SBD lids and JL 770s from Bagger Bill and some JL ZR650 csi's from Tesnevo. Thanks guys. Now I gotta amp up. I have read some posts and know that the Arc 600.4, Dia 800.4 or the BT 4180 are all capable but my budget is way blown in spite of good deals on the speakers. This is my first audio build and I anxious to hear the pay off. Any suggestions for a low cost amp or is it best to save and wait for the next batch of amp test results? Would 100 watts a channel be adequate?

Regarding the JL ZR650 csi's put them in the pods or BT speaker mounts and more $$$? Already figure I need the BT line levelers and a flash to 4 speakers no amp. Damn this is getting expensive

So we can help you better what exactly are you trying to achieve. Finish what I started about $500 - $700 left in a blown budget. Use the potential of what I got.
How many speakers are you planing on, and there locations? 2 in the lids 2 in fairing
Do you have any particular type of speakers in mind? See above
What is the current radio installed? Factory Boom 6.5
What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock reggae mostly Greateful Dead
Do you plan on doing the install yourself? Hope to but feel a bit over my head
And what is the budget? Above can go higher if I save for a bit but would like to hear the grand I've spent.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by No U Glider; 10-30-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:37 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
Picked up some SBD lids and JL 770s from Bagger Bill and some JL ZR650 csi's from Tesnevo. Thanks guys. Now I gotta amp up. I have read some posts and know that the Arc 600.4, Dia 800.4 or the BT 4180 are all capable but my budget is way blown in spite of good deals on the speakers. This is my first audio build and I anxious to hear the pay off. Any suggestions for a low cost amp or is it best to save and wait for the next batch of amp test results? Would 100 watts a channel be adequate?

Regarding the JL ZR650 csi's put them in the pods or BT speaker mounts and more $$$? Already figure I need the BT line levelers and a flash to 4 speakers no amp. Damn this is getting expensive

So we can help you better what exactly are you trying to achieve. Finish what I started about $500 - $700 left in a blown budget. Use the potential of what I got.
How many speakers are you planing on, and there locations? 2 in the lids 2 in fairing
Do you have any particular type of speakers in mind? See above
What is the current radio installed? Factory Boom 6.5
What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock reggae mostly Greateful Dead
Do you plan on doing the install yourself? Hope to but feel a bit over my head
And what is the budget? Above can go higher if I save for a bit but would like to hear the grand I've spent.
Thanks for your help.
Get the Arc 600.4 The 770 are not near as power needy as the 880 and overall will be the best Proven amp in the power range you need. If you need a budget option then the pn1000d would be a cheap alternative to the Arc, but I would just get the Arc.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:53 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slyedog
Get the Arc 600.4 The 770 are not near as power needy as the 880 and overall will be the best Proven amp in the power range you need. If you need a budget option then the pn1000d would be a cheap alternative to the Arc, but I would just get the Arc.
Thanks for your input, at this point I'm thinking I should save for a bit and get the Arc as has been suggested. Already re -modded my slip ons and my AC and it just adds to the cost in the end.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

15 Street Glider

The BT speaker mounts are the way to go particularly with quality speakers like those.

If you were to go with the SS 1000D amp the Rushmore amp tray would need to modified as Babyboy did here, or purchase the JM amp tray. Just something to consider.

The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 08:52 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

If I go with the Arc 600 do I need to modify or buy an aftermarket amp tray?

Old 10-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 389 Posts

If I go with the Arc 600 do I need to modify or buy an aftermarket amp tray?
No amp tray mods needed for the ARC 600.4. It will sit in the stock tray real nice.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:32 PM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Good weather forecast for Monday. Goin to ride to the dealer and get flash for 4 speakers no amp? Like a stock Ultra? Fade enabled? Is there something I need to tell them regarding a bin file? Will getting the flash have an impact on the 6.5 stereo operation prior doing my install? How can I tell if the dealer actually did what I asked prior to actual install?

Last edited by No U Glider; 10-30-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Good weather forecast for Monday. Goin to ride to the dealer and get flash for 4 speakers no amp? Like a stock Ultra? Fade enabled? Is there something I need to tell them regarding a bin file? Will getting the flash have an impact on the 6.5 stereo operation prior doing my install? How can I tell if the dealer actually did what I asked prior to actual install?
4 speakers 0 amps, just like the stock Ultra. Rear speaker outputs and Fade enabled.
Most techs won't have a clue what a .bin file is.
The flash should not effect the HU operation.
The .bin file may change. And Fade should be visible or faded out.
What is the current audio software version. Don't let them install version 1.20.2. It's so full of bugs HD has already pulled it off there site.

The following users liked this post:
No U Glider (10-31-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 01:58 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bertk
4 speakers 0 amps, just like the stock Ultra. Rear speaker outputs and Fade enabled.
Most techs won't have a clue what a .bin file is.
The flash should not effect the HU operation.
The .bin file may change. And Fade should be visible or faded out.
What is the current audio software version. Don't let them install version 1.20.2. It's so full of bugs HD has already pulled it off there site.
Thanks again for the help. Currently running 1.20.1 software

Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks again for the help. Currently running 1.20.1 software
Good. This version has been stable.
Let us know how you make out with the flash.

Quick Reply: Amp Help