Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker lids

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by KDUBYA
I am looking at getting a set of speaker lids for my '07 StreetGlide. Hoping to get some recommendations from people that have them - pros and cons of different makes. Also I will be installing an Aquatic AQ-MP-5UBT-H. Looking for recommendations on an amp to go in the fairing and speakers for the lids. I will continue to use my hertz speakers in the front unless there is a good reason not to. All help and opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
Those Hertz speakers are good to go. However, they need some power to sound good. Best lids out there for your bike is the Hog Tune lids. Best speakers for those lids are the Pioneer Pro 6900 speakers. Best amp for that set up is the Soundstream PN4.1000D. if you don't mind losing FM reception. Otherwise, Your amp options are the BT4180 from Biketronics. The Arc Moto 600.4. The Hertz HDP4 or the Rockford Fosgate TM4004XAD. All 4 channel amps that will maintain reception. But also very expensive.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:42 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 507 Likes on 409 Posts

^^^ Listen to Gannicus, he's one of the best on this site. I've learned a lot from him.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:01 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black01
I helped install a set of Hogtunes lids on a friends 2012 yesterday. They fit perfect. Filled them with the Pioneer Pro 6900's running off a Arc moto 600.4. Sounds really good. Give a budget and what you are expecting out of your system and the guys here will point you in the right direction.
Where did you put the amp?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Those Hertz speakers are good to go. However, they need some power to sound good. Best lids out there for your bike is the Hog Tune lids. Best speakers for those lids are the Pioneer Pro 6900 speakers. Best amp for that set up is the Soundstream PN4.1000D. if you don't mind losing FM reception. Otherwise, Your amp options are the BT4180 from Biketronics. The Arc Moto 600.4. The Hertz HDP4 or the Rockford Fosgate TM4004XAD. All 4 channel amps that will maintain reception. But also very expensive.
Thank you! Are you familiar with the Aquatic head unit? says it has 288 watt amp.... believable? Do I need an amp with that unit?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:05 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior

Where did you put the amp?

Here's my '09 SG amp. It's held in place with Velcro and Zip ties.

Attached Thumbnails Speaker lids-img_2561.jpg  
Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Losing FM reception? Do you mean FM radio reception? How is that affected?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior

Thank you! Are you familiar with the Aquatic head unit? says it has 288 watt amp.... believable? Do I need an amp with that unit?

Yes you will need an amp for that. I'm running that H/U also.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

Sorry, questions keep popping up... will those amps fit in the fairing?

Old 03-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Sorry, questions keep popping up... will those amps fit in the fairing?
No worries Bro! That's why we're here. Yes. All the amps I mentioned will fit on top of your radio in the fairing of your 2007 SG with industrial Velcro and or cable ties. On the 13 and down bikes FM radio reception is lost with the majority of the class D amps due to EMI or Electro Magnetic Interference. This interference is part of the DNA of class D amps. Not a whole lot you can do about it. The amps I mentioned will maintain FM reception. The aquatic head unit is a good unit but it has no where near the power to push your hertz speakers.

That 288 watts is at 2 ohms. Your speakers are 4 ohms. You're looking at about 45 watts per speaker if you have 4 speakers. You need 120-150W per speaker for your system to sound decent @ 80 MPH.

The only way to achieve that number is an external amp.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:07 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer

No worries Bro! That's why we're here. Yes. All the amps I mentioned will fit on top of your radio in the fairing of your 2007 SG with industrial Velcro and or cable ties. On the 13 and down bikes FM radio reception is lost with the majority of the class D amps due to EMI or Electro Magnetic Interference. This interference is part of the DNA of class D amps. Not a whole lot you can do about it. The amps I mentioned will maintain FM reception. The aquatic head unit is a good unit but it has no where near the power to push your hertz speakers.

That 288 watts is at 2 ohms. Your speakers are 4 ohms. You're looking at about 45 watts per speaker if you have 4 speakers. You need 120-150W per speaker for your system to sound decent @ 80 MPH.

The only way to achieve that number is an external amp.
I really appreciate your input - Thank You! Do you have the Satellite tuner? if so, which one?

Quick Reply: Speaker lids