Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Tailwind

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Thanks Tailwind

He helped get my PSM squared away and now the beast has woken up.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Thank u sir!!!!

As we discussed, there are a couple of us pathfinders on the forum using this PSM thing and all of us are learning more about it every day. I doubt there are two of us with the same exact same strategy but I bet most of us are fairly close. Dive in and get to know it & have fun with following what ur ears are telling you. I'm certain we will all keep sharing what we learn.

I have leaned more about the impact that the various freqs have on our different Speaks just by sitting with a cooler of beer jacking with the PEQ and crossover tabs. Cool stuff.

As we also discussed, I have about 3 different riding styles thus maybe three different tune programs would be cool to have. The 80mph big miles tune, the day tripper 40-50 mph tune, and the city slicker tune for local bar hopping.

It takes 2 minutes to change programs so could be a cool option.

Glad u got things in a great place to really begin dialing in what ur ears want brotha!!! It can only get better!!!

Thanks again for the shout out! Greatly appreciated!!!

T

Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind

As we also discussed, I have about 3 different riding styles thus maybe three different tune programs would be cool to have. The 80mph big miles tune, the day tripper 40-50 mph tune, and the city slicker tune for local bar hopping.

T
T, do you care to elaborate on these different setups.
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by flcusat
T, do you care to elaborate on these different setups.
Thanks in advance.
Just a mental experiment at this point but the thought is that I would chase a bit higher freqs like punch and highs for the high speed rides knowing the warmth and bass is going to get hammered by the elements thus higher freqs as run the master gain up a touch since guarding against possible distortion that the lower stuff would possibly bring. For the bar hopper I would seek out that bass and lower end warmth since I could legitimately expect to retain most of it at low speeds. Might have to master gain down a bit but the requirement for the loud is simply not there for that ride.

Just a thought brotha and way down low on the list of things to do but having that capability in a matter of minutes is a very cool possibility.

Like I said, just a thought at this juncture.

T.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:55 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Way to go T helping out another PSM guy not much vender or manufacture help so without out folks like you it would be just a black box.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:59 AM
flcusat
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just a mental experiment at this point but the thought is that I would chase a bit higher freqs like punch and highs for the high speed rides knowing the warmth and bass is going to get hammered by the elements thus higher freqs as run the master gain up a touch since guarding against possible distortion that the lower stuff would possibly bring. For the bar hopper I would seek out that bass and lower end warmth since I could legitimately expect to retain most of it at low speeds. Might have to master gain down a bit but the requirement for the loud is simply not there for that ride.

Just a thought brotha and way down low on the list of things to do but having that capability in a matter of minutes is a very cool possibility.

Like I said, just a thought at this juncture.

T.
Thanks T.
I'm guessing that the only way to change from one profile to the other is using a laptop, or is there another way to do this on the fly, like with a phone?

Old 06-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
T is definitely one of the good guys! Big heart. I think he would give you his last dime if he thought you needed it more than him. I could tell you guys some stories! LOL!!

Don't change brother!

Old 06-24-2017, 10:46 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Thanks T.
I'm guessing that the only way to change from one profile to the other is using a laptop, or is there another way to do this on the fly, like with a phone?
I tried to download the software to my phone and it wouldn't even try to download. You need to have the USB cord connected as well to make changes.

I have not tried to download the software to a tablet, so that may be possible?

Old 06-24-2017, 02:24 PM
grumble
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks T.
If you have profiles stored in slots 1, 2, 3, and 4, it is *possible* to change them with a multi-pole switch that would feed +12v into the selection pins - there are 2 pins that you can apply voltage to

G G -> Preset 1
G 12v -> Preset 2
12v G -> Preset 3
12v 12vc -> Preset 4

I didn't say it would be easy OR pretty, but you could do it for sure. You still couldn't modify any presets without having the USB cable hooked to your Windows PC... but you could certainly have presets for "engine on" and "engine off" and select between the two on the fly.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:23 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I have not tried to download the software to a tablet, so that may be possible?
If it's windows based, it might work.
It'd be great if Arc modified their software to run on Android or Apple formats.
Also include Bluetooth connectivity.

Quick Reply: Thanks Tailwind